ADVERTISEMENT

Cotton Bowl predictions...

newnasty

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2020
Speed D creates enough disruption to slow down Trask & force 3 turnovers and 5 sacks.
Rattler throws for 300+ yds & 4 TDs against a very very weak secondary.
Stevenson manages to run the ball and eat clock time when needed.

45-19 OU

Edit... due to opt outs vis Gators.

Last edited:
Speed D creates enough disruption to slow down Trask & force 3 turnovers and 5 sacks.
Rattler throws for 300+ yds & 4 TDs against a very very weak secondary.
Stevenson manages to run the ball and eat clock time when needed.

45-33 OU

I was thinking 42-38 as Sooners hold on for the win. We finally get a pick 6.

**Edit** with news of the starting WRs and TE (pretty much their playmakers) sitting out, I have amended the score to 45-24. Trask has to be saying to himself WTF !!

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1
Grimes, #3 receiver for Trask just announced he's opting out. So the Gator QB is now w/o is #2 & #3 receivers this doesn't bode well for the Gators.

Copeland their #4 receiver is out w/ Covid.

Carter, their sack leader hasn't been practicing and the thought is he's opting out as well.

I bet the LV odd makerss have changed a bit now

Last edited:
Wow! Toney opts out. There goes their #1, 2,3 & 4 receivers on a team that can't run the ball. Ouch!

It appears their replacements are all Top 100 guys & so while experience is devoid, talent is still there.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner1 and 22LR
Wow! Toney opts out. There goes their #1, 2,3 & 4 receivers on a team that can't run the ball. Ouch!

It appears their replacements are all Top 100 guys & so while experience is devoid, talent is still there.
The shoe thrower may be out too.

I think w/ the NCAA probation coming up they're all bailing. I bet their transfer portal will be filled as well after the game.

FYI, QB Kyle Trask (Manvel, Texas) was rated a 2-star recruit rated a 5.3 with only minimal offers (Florida, Houston Baptist, Fresno State, Tulsa, Louisiana) in the 2016 class, per Rivals. He redshirted in 2016.
A classic example of finding lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:
I read an expert analysis of his game a few days ago and it reminded me of Huepel. Cerebral, accurate, not particularly athletic, pass before run, average to below average arm strength. If he has time he is very good at finding open receivers.

I read an expert analysis of his game a few days ago and it reminded me of Huepel. Cerebral, accurate, not particularly athletic, pass before run, average to below average arm strength. If he has time he is very good at finding open receivers.
Trask should have time to adjust to having different players in the starting lineup. I hope it does him no good.

Lucky for us, because I think a full strength FL team would be too much for us. Not "LSU circa 2019" too much, but like "FL 31 OU 17" too much.

Now we've got a a good chance though. I'll pick OU 27 - 24.

Trask's draft stock is probably in doubt and him still participating even with all the offensive defections deserve huge credit. Make or break time for Trask. But, I have a feeling he and Perkins are about to become well acquainted.

35 - 10 Sooners.

Even with the opt outs I think this game could go either way but I think it will come down to our defense.

If the OU defense can hold UF under 30 - OU wins 29 - 24

If the OU defense is unable to hold UF under 30 - UF wins 37 - 27.

With the way the OU offense is playing or has played over the past 2 games I don't see them outscoring UF if it becomes a shootout. One thing is for sure, if OU jumps out to an early lead we have to hope LR never takes his foot off the gas.

OU has played well in the post season...just not for a full game 😁. I will say an OU loss in this game will take away from some of the momentum they built to end the year. I felt good about the matchup against Florida with their full squad, which has only been increased with opt outs/Covid protocol: 41-22. I think Stevenson has a big game, and I think the defense makes a statement.

Until we actually win a bowl game, I'm reluctant to pick us. I hate being in the "no win" situation in which (if we win) "Florida was depleted" and (if we lose) "OU is a choke team from a high school conference that can't compete with the mighty SEC."

Until we actually win a bowl game, I'm reluctant to pick us. I hate being in the "no win" situation in which (if we win) "Florida was depleted" and (if we lose) "OU is a choke team from a high school conference that can't compete with the mighty SEC."
Sounds to me like you just sit back while sipping soup and soggy crackers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT