ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations on your 2016 RRS victory

kewlldude

Sooner signee
Dec 9, 2004
Waving the white flag....you guys are going to slaughter us, take us to the woodshed, bombs be droppin over baghdad.....

Our coaches are probably the worst in America (Gilbert is ok). We can't block, we can't tackle, we can't kick, we can't scheme, we can't make adjustments. I almost long for the days of coach february.

Maybe next year we'll have a good coach and we can make it competitive....

Enjoy your golden hat with all the corny dogs you can eat.

Your biggest problem is it looks like Mike Stoops has been teaching your players how to tackle (or not teaching them how to tackle).
If I were Charlie, assuming he WANTS to save his job, I'd tell Buchele to not even suit up and go watch the game from the stands with his family.
Then I'd wear Swoopes out with the 18-wheeler.
Dare OU to try to stop it.

Yeah, was it kewldude that made this very post last year too? Someone from Horns did.

Jake TrotterESPN Staff Writer
In the last eight meetings an unranked Texas has faced a ranked Oklahoma? The Longhorns have won six of those games, dating back to 1989.

Oklahoma has only done it twice as far as I can see.
1982 (Texas #12) and 1996 (Texas #25)

Waving the white flag....you guys are going to slaughter us, take us to the woodshed, bombs be droppin over baghdad.....

Our coaches are probably the worst in America (Gilbert is ok). We can't block, we can't tackle, we can't kick, we can't scheme, we can't make adjustments. I almost long for the days of coach february.

Sounds like you described OU as well.

Reactions: kewlldude
It's a hoax! A conspiracy! Kewl is trying to put a jinx on us!!!

You guys are on to me!!! Damn you messed up my karma....

Look, Charlie Strong is our version of Dennis Franchione. Chris Warren is out and we are screwed. I'm fully expecting a Mack Brown era 60 point total for you guys. This is the game of the year for you guys...I think getting in the playoffs is out for you....so who cares what bowl you end up in....this is the most important game of the year after a natty game. Maybe you guys will hang 70 on us ala the A&M beatdown.

Because of the last 3 years, Stoops Bros Inc are going to have your guys ready. I hate to say it but I'm ALMOST rooting for you guys because that will be the death blow to Charlie's coaching at UT and usher in Herman or whichever guy the BMD's will get Vatican cash to bring in.

You guys are going to come back Monday and say I was right, sorry for doubting me and then you're going to ask for my stock picks! So I recommend buying Sears because they're stock is low but they are land barrons.

So there you go, my football prognostications and stock picks....you guys should give me some free BBQ or something!
Anywhoo, like I said enjoy your victory.....

My buddy saw Twitter was low a couple of weeks ago and noticed they were rolling out cool features like the live streaming ability, so he leveraged 140k into 210k and got it at 18.50. It's at 24+ now and Google et al are bidding on Twitter, so guaranteed to go up more once a buyout is complete. I hate my friend.

Reactions: Oklabama

Your biggest problem is it looks like Mike Stoops has been teaching your players how to tackle (or not teaching them how to tackle).
If I were Charlie, assuming he WANTS to save his job, I'd tell Buchele to not even suit up and go watch the game from the stands with his family.
Then I'd wear Swoopes out with the 18-wheeler.
Dare OU to try to stop it.

Easily this

I should probably be ashamed for hoping you guys slaughter us so we can rid ourselves of strong but I'm not. I can suffer 365 days of my Sooner buddy teasing me if it results in Herman to Austin. So, <gulp>, go sooners!

Reactions: veritas59
I should probably be ashamed for hoping you guys slaughter us so we can rid ourselves of strong but I don't. I can suffer 365 days of my Sooner buddy teasing me if it results in Herman to Austin. So, <gulp>, go sooners!
My Horn son-in-law texted me last year and told me that Charlie was going to save his job that day.
My reply: Are you sure you want him to save his job?
No answer.
I'll be in his house this year. Wonder what he will think this year.

My Horn son-in-law texted me last year and told me that Charlie was going to save his job that day.
My reply: Are you sure you want him to save his job?
No answer.
I'll be in his house this year. Wonder what he will think this year.

Yeah be careful what you wish for haha.

Reactions: humblesooner
Ok, so last year I was hoping that heaping praise and love on sooner nation would jinx it and it did work!!

But super serial.....has anyone seen the dumpster fire that is UT football? Just ask good ol Gary Barnett things of Chuck Strong....

This one isn't even going to be close.....maybe we'll get a few touchdowns just because we have Buechelle chuckin around the bowl....but I seriously see you guys putting up 50 to 60 points......40 at the very least.....so yes for one year only to get a new coach BOOMER effing SOONER

Ok, so last year I was hoping that heaping praise and love on sooner nation would jinx it and it did work!!

But super serial.....has anyone seen the dumpster fire that is UT football? Just ask good ol Gary Barnett things of Chuck Strong....

This one isn't even going to be close.....maybe we'll get a few touchdowns just because we have Buechelle chuckin around the bowl....but I seriously see you guys putting up 50 to 60 points......40 at the very least.....so yes for one year only to get a new coach BOOMER effing SOONER

Proof of a whorn... sell out...

I should probably be ashamed for hoping you guys slaughter us so we can rid ourselves of strong but I'm not. I can suffer 365 days of my Sooner buddy teasing me if it results in Herman to Austin. So, <gulp>, go sooners!

Now your dilemma is, Charlie looks lost and Herman lost to Navy. Is Tom Herman another Charlie Strong?

Now your dilemma is, Charlie looks lost and Herman lost to Navy. Is Tom Herman another Charlie Strong?

Yeah, BUT is (was) Houston ever really as talented as everyone ranked them. Were they deserving of the jump to #6. Who have they beat except for an OU team that was over rated in preseason. What I came away from the Houston loss was that OU wasn't nearly as ready to play nor prepared to play as the Cougar players. I think Houston may lose two more this year. That is not a knock on Herman. He is coaching at Houston. If Houston beats Louisville, I'll apologize for doubting the Cougars.

Yeah, BUT is (was) Houston ever really as talented as everyone ranked them. Were they deserving of the jump to #6. Who have they beat except for an OU team that was over rated in preseason. What I came away from the Houston loss was that OU wasn't nearly as ready to play nor prepared to play as the Cougar players. I think Houston may lose two more this year. That is not a knock on Herman. He is coaching at Houston. If Houston beats Louisville, I'll apologize for doubting the Cougars.
Tom Herman was/is the "next great coach" based on the fact that he was doing what he is doing AT a school like Houston. I don't disagree that they will likely lose at least one more, maybe more.
So back to the question: Is Tom Herman another Charlie Strong? Three years ago, Charlie was Tom Herman.
And, is he still as desired by the Longhorn fan base today as he was last Friday?
Just curious of their opinions now.

Strong was/is not an innovative coach. His Louisville success was based on his recruiting classes, not his coaching. He's a Florida guy. He knows the hotbed of South Florida better than anyone and he relates to them.

Texas recruits nationally, but they live and die by Texas talent. Texas needs a coach that knows Texas recruiting.

Herman is innovative. I think he can be successful anywhere, but he obviously understands Texas recruiting.

I would have no doubt that Herman would be very successful at Texas.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Strong was/is not an innovative coach. His Louisville success was based on his recruiting classes, not his coaching. He's a Florida guy. He knows the hotbed of South Florida better than anyone and he relates to them.

Texas recruits nationally, but they live and die by Texas talent. Texas needs a coach that knows Texas recruiting.

Herman is innovative. I think he can be successful anywhere, but he obviously understands Texas recruiting.

I would have no doubt that Herman would be very successful at Texas.
I'd really be curious to know how the Horn fans feel about Tom today.

BTW, I think LSU could end up with Bobby Petrino. They are made for each other.

Reactions: JConXtsy
The idea that Tom Herman or the Houston Cougars are any less of a team for losing to Navy, who are 4-1, run a flexbone/wishbone option attack, at Annapolis during TROPICAL STORM conditions is completely idiotic in my opinion...

Reactions: CTOkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT