ADVERTISEMENT

Conference revenue per school and it ain't pretty for the B12

That Nebraska fan must think we are now in the ACC. I see no problem with the amount we are receiving. At least we aren't in that boring B1G Conference.

Reactions: iasooner1
I (for selfish reasons obviously) think we could bring life to them by ruling the b1g West and helping Debby return to her former glory someday, but would hate having to go to Chi every other year for anything... Maddie & Minny in the fall can be treacherous sometimes (weather wise) too

I (for selfish reasons obviously) think we could bring life to them by ruling the b1g West and helping Debby return to her former glory someday, but would hate having to go to Chi every other year for anything... Maddie & Minny in the fall can be treacherous sometimes (weather wise) too
From September though most of October Chicago usually has great football weather and it’s a great trip for the fans with plenty of flights. The weather in the B1G isn’t usually bad until mid-November and isn’t really isn’t any worse than what we saw in Lincoln or even a few times in Norman.

I’m reasonably certain OU will eventually end up moving with KU to the Big Ten.

The athletic revenue is better… but the academic implications are critical for OU’s growth and improvement as an institution. The acdimic people at OU have control over this decision and they generaly like the idea of how Big Ten membership helps improve OU’s academics.

Living in Nebraska, I'd rather see Nebraska football die a slow and painful death than see them return to their former glory.

Yeah, I'm really torn about the Huskers. Growing up and later as I attended OU and after, Nebraska was always my second-favorite team in CFB. I openly admit that I valued and loved our rivalry with the Huskers more than I did with the horns and the RRS. But once they deserted the Big 12 for the B1G, along with CU, A&M and MIzzou, I've lost some respect and interest in the Huskers. When I see them Huskers on TV, I try to root for them, but don't mind seeing them come up short.

Their new coach may light a fire and elevate Nebraska's play on the field to where they are competing for division and conference championships. So, that will be interesting to watch. However, I think NU's lost some of their recruiting edge as of late and their return may take longer than planned.

So in a nutshell with our tier 3 money we are making around the same as the sec schools if not more while Texas is over 8 million more with their tier 3

I’m reasonably certain OU will eventually end up moving with KU to the Big Ten.

OU ain't going anywhere. there's nothing up north that's gonna interest the powers
that be to make any change. OU can get into the AAU without throwing it away by
teaming up with the lackluster mess called the Big. The competition that exist in all
sports in the Big12 far exceed's anything in the Big whatever.

OU ain't going anywhere. there's nothing up north that's gonna interest the powers
that be to make any change. OU can get into the AAU without throwing it away by
teaming up with the lackluster mess called the Big. The competition that exist in all
sports in the Big12 far exceed's anything in the Big whatever.
From what I hear from some very well connected sources OU athletics isn’t going to have a say on the decision to move OU to the Big Ten in several years.

It’s apparently what the new OU president and his very wealthy donors want…The OU board of regents would not have hired Gallogly if they were not on board with the move too.

Even Boren for the last few years would have moved OU to the Big Ten if he could have…There are reports that say the Big Ten and the Fox network are very interested in adding OU & KU.

OU is 8th among schools individually. No ACC team is in the top ten. We are behind only four SEC schools, two Big Ten schools and Texas.

I'd love for Iowa State to make more, but does it really matter?

I believe the conference won four national titles last season. OU won them all. And I think I read in the last two weeks that nobody else won that many.

But as a conference, we're only behind the BIg Ten and SEC in average revenue per school. The Big 12 is virtually even with the Pac 12 and three million per school above the ACC. The SEC, Big Ten and Pac 12 all have their own networks. Texas blocked that for everybody in the XII.

But OU is doing just fine, thank you.

I want OU to be in the Big Ten, for about a bajillion reasons.

CINC money, for one, would top any and all TV revenue deals. Most sports in the Big Ten are way better than most sports in the Big 12 outside of basketball, and as a huge fan of wrestling, the Big Ten is THE conference that dominates all other conferences. More so than the SEC in football.

When realignment really heated up I was a strong proponent of joining the SEC. Now, I am more inclined to favor the Big 10. All the positives have been listed..
academics, dollars, rivalries, multiple sport excellence. A membership in a reconfigured Big 10 West with either U.T. or K.U. joining Nebraska along with the likes of Iowa and Wisconsin and crossover games with Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn State is very appealing. Weather in my opinion is a non issue. If it's K.U. then we need to keep U.T. as an annual non-conference game. If it's K.U. my guess would be that Texas would join the Pac-12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT