ADVERTISEMENT

Completely off topic

trademarcs

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2008
Im trying to remember the name of a program I watched on tv when I was a lot younger. It was a show about tai chi, had a white dude with mustache, blonde Afro, and kinda soft spoken. I remember the show well, but my wife is saying it never was. Now, I know for a fact I'm not insane or imagining this show, but I can't remember the dudes name, the name of the show, nor have I been successful finding any info on the net so far.
Someone help me out here?

4707176656_67483f8b0f_b.jpg

Reactions: Schoonerman
Was it done in Hawaii by David Dorian Ross? That was a PBS show sometime back and he is a Taiji and Qigong master who is said to have brought Taiji mainstream...

I'm pretty sure you're talking about a one-hour weekly drama show from the 70s, starring David Carradine, called Kung Fu. It was a western drama that aired from 1972 to 1975. It wasn't about Tai Chi or any of the newer green teas - it was about a man using his martial arts training to help others, solve crimes, etc.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about a one-hour weekly drama show from the 70s, starring David Carradine, called Kung Fu. It was a western drama that aired from 1972 to 1975. It wasn't about Tai Chi or any of the newer green teas - it was about a man using his martial arts training to help others, solve crimes, etc.

I think you're wrong, grasshopper. Carradine never had a afro, blonde hair or a mustache. I loved the show, though........

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Im trying to remember the name of a program I watched on tv when I was a lot younger. It was a show about tai chi, had a white dude with mustache, blonde Afro, and kinda soft spoken. I remember the show well, but my wife is saying it never was. Now, I know for a fact I'm not insane or imagining this show, but I can't remember the dudes name, the name of the show, nor have I been successful finding any info on the net so far.
Someone help me out here?

Tai Chi Innerwave -- Joey Bond

I need pictures fellas, that may be the only recall I have. I will know him when I see him.....that much I know for sure!

Joey Bond........Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I knew I wasn't insane! Man, you guys are Awesome!
Now I can show the wife she is full of shit!

Joey Bond........Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! I knew I wasn't insane! Man, you guys are Awesome!

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. I'm pretty sure you're talking about Kung Fu, with the famous Carradine clan, in black and white. That may be why you are thinking of an afro, some exercise, etc. He did walk around barefoot, so it could be easy to become confused. I think your wife is correct.

See, you get it and accept it...and that is the naturally contentious nature of relationships/marriage.

It's amazing how those little gals*...early on, abandon any and all pretense of objectivity.

Now, if you can navigate that immutable axiom...you've achieved a staggering top 5 percentile status!
That's gold.

* still luv ya Senior Sooner, clearly the exception that proves the rule...:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT