ADVERTISEMENT

COMMIT PREDICTIONS

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
OK, it’s time for Josh’s latest crack at the class of 2020. For those unfamiliar every year on the first Friday of each month, I (Josh) invade Scoop’s personal space and take my guesses at just what players could fill out the remaining spots in Oklahoma’s currently ongoing recruiting class.

But since we’re less than a month away from National Signing Day we’re moving to the weekly updates to keep a more clear track on things and with no Scoop last week, we don't want to leave things unsaid.

Right now Oklahoma has 77 players on scholarship. On top of that the Sooners have 19 commitments for 2020 and has 12 players graduating following the 2019 season.

I always anticipate at least four departures either via NFL draft, transfer, or any of 1,000 other possibilities, which would mean Oklahoma has at least four departures to go along with the 15 openings already in place. With that in mind Scoop and I are working under the thought of the Sooners landing 24 total (though 25 seems possible for the right person) in the 2020 class so I’ll plan accordingly.

Though as always there is a lot of volatility in how that could play out and the number could move up or down depending on any number of things. So, thanks to my mathematical education it would seem the Sooners have nine spots available.

Additionally a level of confidence will be listed with each of the selections and finally a prediction of who will be the next Sooner pledge.

And if necessary we’ll talk a bit about any of the current commitments that may, or may not, be set for the future. Not every guy are we going to break down but storylines we just can’t ignore.

Now you can guarantee this list won’t be what it looks like next February as Oklahoma will land signatures from players they haven’t even heard of yet so how could I know their level of interest?

And, yes my excuses have already begun…

Players on Last Month’s List Who Aren’t There This Week: Edgerrin Cooper, Kendall Dennis, Arian Smith

Players I Got Right Last Week:

Players I Got Wrong Last Week:

Quarterback

Chandler MorrisLevel of Confidence: 55%

Morris is done with his high school season and as such I'm expecting him to visit Norman in a few weeks time - Dec. 13. If the Sooners can knock it out of the park they may be able to cement a signature, but odds are he may wait until February with his whole situation so in flux.

Running Back

Jase McClellanCOMMITTED

Seth McGowan COMMITTED

Wide Receiver

Brian DarbyCOMMITTED

Marvin Mims - COMMITTED

Trevon WestCOMMITTED

Tight End/Hback

Jalin ConyersCOMMITTED

Michael HendersonCOMMITTED

Offensive Line

Nate AndersonCOMMITTED

Anton HarrisonCOMMITTED

Noah NelsonCOMMITTED

Aaryn ParksCOMMITTED

Andrew RaymCOMMITTED

Defensive Tackle

Perrion WinfreyCOMMITTED

Alfred CollinsLevel of Confidence: 50%

It's becoming an annual tradition that there are 1-2 guys that just stun me with how they play out for the Sooners. The good news is that they are almost always surprise wins for Oklahoma and as of late they seem to be along the defensive line.

Defensive End

Noah ArinzeCOMMITTED

Reggie Grimes - COMMITTED

Linebacker

Brynden WalkerCOMMITTED

Shane WhitterCOMMITTED

Cornerback

Josh EatonLevel of Confidence: 80%

This feels about as much a certainty as any of Oklahoma’s remaining targets though there is still some doubt whether or not Oklahoma can convince him to sign early on.

Davon Graham IICOMMITTED

Dontae ManningLevel of Confidence: 40%

Manning and the Sooners had so much momentum going into the Kansas State loss and from there everyone seemed to have lost hope. However, in speaking with him and others the Sooners are still applying an absolute full court press on him and making some headway. But still, there is no denying this will be a race down to the wire.

Safety

Bryson WashingtonCOMMITTED

Justin HarringtonLevel of Confidence: 80% - NEXT COMMIT

I had a nice feeling about Harrington going into his trip, enough to put him on this list last week, but now having seen things and talked to some people I think Harrington is as much a 'when, not if' scenario as there is in the class.

Athlete

N/A

Special Teams

Right now, it’s tough to foresee a special teams entry until the class of 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News