ADVERTISEMENT

Coming to Norman. Restaurant recommendations guys?

Sep 14, 2006
Thanks in advance. Coming in for the Ohio State game. What are your favorite restaurants in Norman? Looking for a night of really good food (heard Benvenuti's is good) and also great BBQ and sports bars. Thanks guys. Jim C

The Greek House near campus is a must.

The Garage and Red Horse Grill have good burgers in addition to O Connells.

Benvenuti is good, but damn expensive.

Ray's for BBQ

Victorias for Italian

For Mexican food, Tarahumaras

For pizza, eat at Sandros

If you don't mind the drive to OKC, go to Ding Asian Fusion. It's in the style of the Japanese steak house. My brother in law runs the place and is a crazy good teppanyaki chef. His utensil skills are unmatched.

If you need meat for the tailgate, go to Artisan Pride meat market.

The Greek House near campus is a must.

The Garage and Red Horse Grill have good burgers in addition to O Connells.

Ray's for BBQ

Victorias for Italian

For Mexican food, Tarahumaras

For pizza, eat at Sandros

If you don't mind the drive to OKC, go to Ding Asian Fusion. It's in the style of the Japanese steak house. My brother in law runs the place and is a crazy good teppanyaki chef. His utensil skills are unmatched.

If you need meat for the tailgate, go to Artisan Pride meat market.
Yep, heard good things about the Garage.

Thanks in advance. Coming in for the Ohio State game. What are your favorite restaurants in Norman? Looking for a night of really good food (heard Benvenuti's is good) and also great BBQ and sports bars. Thanks guys. Jim C
Othello's on campus corner is a must. Fantastic Italian food and fun bar on other side, its a stop for all the Sooner legends of the past including Coach Switzer.

He's got that right. Last time my wife and I ate there it was more than $80.00 ... and my wife just had salad and dessert. Maybe I shouldn't have drunk those two bottles of wine? Seriously, it's expensive for this part of the country.

If you like salmon, there's a little hole in the wall called Sergios Italian Restaurant on Grey that has the best I've ever eaten ... and that's what I almost always order when I eat out. They bake it in rice paper or something like that and do it to order to retain all the moisture (can't stand dried out salmon), so it takes a few minutes to be served. Unfortunately, they don't have a liquor license, so no wine. Or drinks before dinner. You need to have somebody to talk to to kill the time, so if you're bringing the wife ....

Never mind.

Reactions: jimchammd
Ray's BBQ, owner is former great player for OU

Reactions: jimchammd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT