ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Sam we know you got it in you!

ESPiam

OU scholarship offer
Nov 30, 2008
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/...sam_bradford_back_according.html#incart_river

Eagles fans don't want Sam Bradford back, according to poll

The Sam Bradford era is seven games old, but already it seems like Eagles fans are ready to move on.

According to a Twitter poll that had over 1,000 votes, 82% of fans do not want Bradford back next season, meaning the fans would rather go to their fourth starting quarterback in four years than give their current quarterback -- and soon to be free agent -- a new contract.

Given his play, it is hard to blame him.

Bradford has totaled 1,766 yards, nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions his first seven games with the Eagles, with his 10 turnovers tied for the most among quarterbacks.

Bradford currently holds a total quarterback rating of 29.6, dead last among the 32 starting quarterbacks according to ESPN. He has a traditional passer rating of 76.4, leaving him 29th in the league.

The poor play from their quarterback is a major reason the Eagles have struggled so far this season, as they rest during their bye week with a 3-4 record, good for third in the NFC East.

In fact, Bradford's struggles early on have been so bad that some are already beginning to speculate among who could be his replacement.

The good news for Eagles fans is that there might still be reason for optimism.

In 2006, New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees switched teams as a free agent from the San Diego Chargers due to a shoulder injury, much like Bradford was traded due to a twice-torn ACL.

Brees' struggled in his first seven games with the Saints, but improved over the last nine, and carried the Saints to the NFC Championship game.

An outcome that, if Bradford can pull off, would certainly change the mind of plenty of fans.

Sam is playing himself out of the league. At some point you have to perform. He has seemed scared and unsure all season and he really just looks frail out there. He's a really smart guy so hopefully he took care of his money.

Hey, Sam, cash your checks and get out of town.

Fans are beginning to light their torches and oil their guns.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESPiam
He's gotta win this week against the Cowgirls. With a Washington loss at New England for certain and a NYG win at TB that will give them sole possession of 2nd place. Dallas is already game planning on stopping the rush. They dont think that Bradford can beat them passing. Dallas is a mess right now and Sam needs this game in a big way.

He's gotta win this week against the Cowgirls. With a Washington loss at New England for certain and a NYG win at TB that will give them sole possession of 2nd place. Dallas is already game planning on stopping the rush. They dont think that Bradford can beat them passing. Dallas is a mess right now and Sam needs this game in a big way.

Shoot!
I have a lower threshold of misery for sure, but if I were Sam I'd look for the first OUT that came along and just bail, take my 40-50 mil he has for bank and just say EFF it!
Then I'd go buy some tropical island someplace in the Bora Bora area and spend my remaining years warding off skin cancer from the daily sun I'd be under.

That's just me though.
I'm pretty decadent and lean toward hedonism.:rolleyes:

I really, really thought Bradford would be great in the NFL. It seems like some players that get injured never really restore that once greatness. Ryan Broyles another example. Who ya got t tonight Baylor or Kansas State?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT