ADVERTISEMENT

Chat Recap 10/27

KylerFlurry

Sooner commitment
Oct 20, 2011
I know some of you all prefer the chat in this format so here you go. The new chat is pretty easy to follow and better than it use to be so if you don't regularly use it you should check it out.

Major Takeaways:
Good news seem to be coming in the Scoop regarding a certain DL and a CB.
Nothing new with Caleb Kelly
Parish Cobb is a beast

Q: Better chance with Trendavian Dickson or Tyrie Cleveland?
Josh: Cleveland, Dickson, I don't know I'm just not buying

Q: Do you feel as bad about Bledsoe as the rest of us after reading your update?
Josh: Ahh there are a few things I've saved for Scoop that you might like but again this isn't a kid that will gush about ANY of his visits. Read the updates, he just isn't the type

Q: ranking of mixon at number one in the hot eleven. every time i thought the run was over he would gain 4-5 more yards
Josh: I think that's a part of his game he doesn't get enough credit for, he runs REALLY hard.
Joe: I still think he's not even close to his best football.

Q: Rowdy Frederick????
Josh: I'm going to check on that situation following the commitment of Julious.

Q: Why didn't we take Shurod Thompsons commitment ? I see no problem in loading up on secondary talent?
Josh: OU has a LOT of young safeties. You don't need a lot of safeties in the Big 12 you need a lot of corners.

Q: Tapper still plays on sundays?
Joe: I think he'll cash some checks in the league, but never really be a factor.
Josh: I think he'll get a shot but I think at best he is probably a sixth rounder at the moment. But there is something to be said for him being a better fit in a 4-3

Q: Who are some players that may give OU a better look if they win out and make the playoffs (not assuming they win any playoff games)
Josh: I think it would mean something for Antonneus Clayton, Tyrie Cleveland, E.J. Price - some of those elite and/or out of region types

Q: Percent we can beat Baylor
Eddie: I'd go a little higher & say closer to 45-50%.
Joe: I'd say somewhere between 30-40.

Q: Nice to see Sam Grant get some time. Don't you think? Is Riley learning to go big?
Josh: I think they are finding a way to make the offensive scheme better mesh with the personnel BUT you can't know if it's actually working until they play a defense with a pulse

Q: Dickson leave early because he was committed elsewhere and didn't want many to know or just wasn't feelin OU?
Josh: He drove up so he had to leave early to get back home. Was only on campus for about 30 hours though.

Q: Next commit?
Josh: Starting to think Chris Daniels might be the guy.

Q: Tyrie Cleveland committing soon?
Josh: Will check, hadn't heard but definitely a possibility

Q: Best info you have for scoop pertains to what player or position?
Josh: CB and DL at the moment. By the way, going to see Marcel Southall next weekend (Seeing Tramonda Moore, pair of 2017 WR offers in Dallas, and a bunch of young standouts).

Q: Where would you rank Thompson with Haughton, Sunderland and McKinney coming out of HS?
Josh: Haughton, Sunderland, Thompson, and McKinney. I like McKinney but he was so WILDLY inconsistent in high school. Sometimes he looked like a Rivals100 kid, others thought he was a 3-star.
Joe: 1. Haughton 2. McKinney 3. Sunderland 4. Thompson I'm a lot higher on McKinney than most

Q: Josh how do you honestly see the year playing out?
Josh: Think OU goes 10-2

Q: Is Reynolds going to finally make some moves along the DL?
Josh: I think OU is moving in the right direction.

Q: Caleb Kelly commit somewhere by Dec 1?
Josh: Nah, Cali guys just rarely rush this stuff.

Q: Does Overton surprise you as a freshman playing on the DL?
Eddie: It doesn't surprise me as much that he's playing, but rather at the level he is.
Joe: Maybe a little. Polished, relentless, strong guys on the DL are going to eventually carve a role, though.
Josh: Think Eddie nailed it, I thought he'd need time to catch up to the strength side of things (very powerful guy but just hadn't played guys at a Big 12 level with much - if any- frequency).

Q: Bryce visit go great?
Josh: Very well, spoke to him last night at 1 a.m. local (my dedication to you all).

Q: What caused UT, A&M and OU to all lose momentum with Whaley?
Josh: I think in each case there was a thought that he was dragging it out just for the sake of doing so. And I've never been a big fan of Whaley.

Q: How would you compare the DL this year to the DL last year. IMO the DL this year is a lot better!
Josh: I think it's a lot more active, probably not as much high end talent but they are shooting more gaps (some of that is just scheme) and just creating trouble with movement.

Q: 3 most talented safeties stoops has signed? Tony Cade, Kevin Brent, Tony Jefferson? Brodie's Pool maybe?
Josh: Most talented Stoops signed...Pool, Everage, and Jefferson. Parker and Haughton close behind.
Joe: Does Reggie Smith count?

Q: Crazy that had Lampkin flipped to OU before signing day, Overton was going to get pushed out
Josh: Indeed, was exactly the issue.
Joe: And I can tell you... the OU coaches thought they had a shot at Lampkin even on signing day.

Q: I know you don't like the Juarez questions kinda like Houston last year but do you see an increase in Oklahoma over the past couple of weeks?
Josh: don't mind Juarez at all. II feel like there is more realism from most on Juarez than there was on Houston. I think there is some of that going on but again it's just VERY tough for me to imagine him not at USC or UCLA.

Q: Josh, that's positive news on Chris Daniels. Tell us more... What has changed?
Josh: Well now why would you read the SCoop? :)

Q: Josh, do you feel that OU is comfortable enough with where they are with Speights to not have any other RB in for visits, or do you feel they will push him?
Josh: I'm guessing another RB shows up on campus, if not more.I think OU has several guys they like (to a very similar level) and just want to have the commitment and keep moving.

Q: We seem to be lining up LB recruits. Are they planning on a bunch of new guys playing next year?
Joe: Striker, Bond and Shannon are seniors. Alexander and Evans are juniors. Going to be a lot of turnover the next few years.
Josh: Joe nailed it

Q: We land Tramonda?
Josh: Think so.

Q:Daniels shut it down before, during or after his visit?
Josh: I would guess not before but anything else is possible.

Q:You said cb scoop coming.. Baylen??
Josh: Maybe.

Q: Who wins the Big 12
Josh: Baylor
Joe: Something tells me the Baylor/OU winner

Q: Southall > Daniels. However, daniels seems to be the exact kind of player stoops likes on his team
Josh: Well they aren't competing for time so it's not apples to apples but if you're talking about 'if I have to have one this is the guy I want' then I get it.

Q: Chances with EJ Price? Would love to have him
Josh: About 10%, I think a visit could happen.

Q: When is Daniels visiting?
Josh: Looks like he'll be there TCU weekend but he hasn't confirmed that for me.

Q: Diesch have a good visit?
Josh: I'm checking into that one, was kind of hoping I could speak to him but so far NADA

Q: One more CB and then done?
Josh: A week ago I'd have said no but…

Q: One high school senior this year you could build your team around for the next 3-4 years, who is it?
Josh: I'm going with Greg Little

Q: Who do end up with at wr?
Josh: I just don't know that I feel confident about anyone. Cleveland is the pick I'd make guy to my head but man I don't know…

Q: McGinnis have a big role next year?
Joe: He'll play, but he may get caught up in the numbers of a rotation. I think if he can keep his weight down, that kid has a bright future, though. Lots of crazy tools for his size.

Q: I know its early, but do you think it will be local kids only for ISU night game? Or did you mention an out of towner as a possibility a while back?
Josh: I think they'll bring in a few guys that they just can't get in for TCU. The issue is OU only has two games left AND you bring in 20 official visitors for TCU you just can't shower them with attention you need

Q: Scoop gonna be good?
Josh: I hope so.

Q: Any word on what's actually wrong with Sanchez?
Eddie: severely sprained ankle

Q: Does any possible turmoil at TAMU have an affect on Diesch? He may not say himself, but does anyone around him talk?
Josh: So far, not much. I think everyone is guessing - kid hardly mentioned A&M the first go around and now is all about them. It's bizarre.

Q: Lamar Jackson coming in for a visit?
Josh: I think it could happen but numbers at defensive back I keep hearing 'one more' though there seems to be some debate about a safety or a corner

Q: How did (Marques) Bolden's visit go????
Joe: I've tried, but that guy just doesn't talk.

Q: Does OU take 2 QBs in 2017?
Josh: I think it could happen but someone will have to leave.

Q: Will OU finish with a top 20 class?
Josh: Indeed, I'm guessing anywhere from 16-18.

Q: Parish Coob at corner is that final?
Josh: Definitely a corner.
Joe: I think he could easily be a college WR, but he has a chance to be an NFL CB.

Q: Has to be a corner no? Otherwise wouldn't they take Thompson?
Josh: That's my guess at this minute, may change again by FRI.

Q: Any other Cali guys to keep an eye on for this class?
Josh: No names that I've heard but I keep waiting for another RB or two to pop up. Maybe a OT

Q: bond drafted before striker?
Joe: Absolutely

Q: Thompson vs Lamar Jackson? I feel like Jackson is a stud
Josh: I'd take Jackson as well. Thompson looks like a potential 4-3 OLB. Keenan Clayton like

Q: Who are the starting inside and outside lbs next year?
Josh: ILB - Evans and Alexander, OLB - Bolton and Obo.
Joe: Same as Josh, except I'll say DeBerry instead of Bolton.

Q: Parish to WR and OU takes Buchanan?
Josh: OU knows they need guys like Cobb at CB to compete - moving guys to WR is a good way to be weak defensively.

Q: We landing a CB before Friday
Josh: Not expecting them to.

Q:Hang 75 on Jayhawks??
Josh:Could if they wanted to but Beaty is REALLY popular in TX HS FB so I'm guessing OU (and most others) are doing all they can not to kick him around too much.

Q: Sanchez going pro?
Joe: That's been the word for awhile now. I haven't heard anything to change that.

Q: Deberry not starting at OLB?
Josh: He could, would make some sense in a role similar to Bond's.

Q: After seeing him play this season, does Westbrook comeback?
Josh: Yeah, he really needs to.

Q: Coaches don't seem to trust Obo at OLB and he is wildly out of position at DE
Josh: Definitely still learning his way
Joe: I've heard so many positive things come from inside the program about Obo, but it never seems to translate into playing time. I've heard him compared to Von Miller multiple times and that Mike Stoops thinks he's faster than Striker off the edge

Q: Caleb Kelly?%%%%%
Josh: 65

Q: Who starts opposite Thomas at CB next year?
Josh: I wonder about Will Johnson and then maybe kick Marcus Green to nickel.

Q: Good weekend to give Obo a extended look at OLB.
Josh: exactly, Sooners get up 42-0 put in the subs and let them fight it out.
Josh: Sorry get up by 42, whether it's 56-14, etc.

Q: Any chance Frison comes back this season?
Josh: Don't think there is any doubt he will NOT be back this year.

Q: try to reach any of the other basketball guys?
Joe: Talked to Trae Young, Jay Jay Chandler, and Brady Manek. Sounds like the weekend went really well and they let them hang around current players a lot

Q: Highest rated player OU signs this year?
Josh: Caleb Kelly
Joe: Kelly, Caleb

Q: Sanchez comes back when he doesn't get his draft grade? Cooks factor help him
Josh: I think he should but can't tlel you how many guys I've said the same of..

Q: Parrish Cobb’s mid-season tape look potential 5 star?
Josh: No, he's a 250 type guy but 5-stars are guys that just leave no doubt IMO (and I say it every time this topic comes up...we have too many)
Joe: t's good, but not on that level, no.

Q: Breakout player Sat??
Joe: I’ll say Jeffery Mead.
Josh: I’ll go with Haughton, think he’ll have a pick

Q: OU still looking at Terry?
Josh: He hasn't been fully written off but I don't think it'll end up happening

Q: Are coaches no longer that high on PJ? It seems he was in the mix to start not to long ago?
Josh: Think they just saw he needed more time, thought Mike Stoops talking about Dakota Austin made it pretty clear what he felt happened with MBanasor.http://oklahoma.forums.riva…

Comment from Josh: Man talk about a CAli guy that is really interesting… https://rivals.yahoo.com/vi…

Q: Whats the deal with PJ, coaches were really high on him. He got thrown into the fire and now they backed off
Joe: I think they knew P.J. overly relied on his physicality instead of trusting his footwork and playing the ball. But at some point you have to give your talent opportunities during live action. And I think that just confirmed some of their concerns.

Q: Parrish Cobb a high 4 star top 250 guy?
Josh: That’s what I see.
Joe: 5.8 back of the 250 sounds right to me

Q: Where do you see Marvin Terry going?
Josh: 'd keep an eye on an Oregon State, or something a little more off the beaten path..

Q: when do you think will be the latest we will know if they are keeping or letting viney go?
Josh: I don't think we'll 'know' until December when his time runs out.

Q: Josh you like Johnson as a pure CB over Mbanasor next year? Or did I misunderstand that?
Josh: I think Mbanasor has more upside but he has a lot of work to do with his footwork. In HS he wanted to be so physical that he didn't always play with the best position/technique

Q: @JoeDuvall you would have to think he gets another chance no?
Joe: Oh, absolutely. But giving Mbanasor time to learn isn't a bad thing either.

Q: Daniels and Bledsoe over the boot trio?
Josh: Well only Daniels and Taylor are competing for the same spot IMO and in that conversation, yes

Q: Would Blake Williams finish out WR's for '16?
Joe: I think it comes down to what they want to do with the TE position going forward.

Q: Pernell Jefferson is actually good. Mistake letting him go?
Josh: Nah, I think they can find better

Q: Is Frison back next year?
Josh: I think he will be but that's purely a guess. Think it depends on how he is taking care of business this semester.
Joe: I believe so, but you never really know what a kid is going to do

Q: With Julius commit, what is the line next year?
Joe: I would say OU's best case scenario would be LT - Brown LG - Ford C - Alvarez RG - Samia RT - Frison

Q: Jefferson, hardy, and who else may be leaving us?
Josh: Hardy? I've not heard anything new on that.

Q: Josh what are you hearing about Trevor spieghts?
Josh: The trip went well but he wants to take at least one more trip

Q: Who do you see as darlington's replacements next year?
Joe: Alvarez would get the first crack, with Alex Dalton also in contention.

Q: Next WR commit, someone we haven't heard of?
Josh: It's possible, this year feels like they REALLY Want one more and a K.J. Young scenario wouldn't shock me

Q: who else enrolls early?
Josh: Kendall, Chandler, Julious are the ones I'm sure of and there is one I'm forgetting but I need to check and see where things are. Stuff like this changes fast usually.

Q: Valentin still interest in being a Sooner?
Josh: Some but I really don't think the visit was the right fit for him

Q: player from the 2015 class that you think ends up being the best? Samia?
Joe: Samia is not a bad choice. Something tells me it's still one of those safeties
Josh: Easy answer I'll go with...Haughton. Dark horse? Kenneth Mann.

Q: Kj young was the biggest disappointment after being hyped as the greatest practice player ever
Joe: He had terrific ball skills, but was never a guy that was going to get a ton of separation. And I think that just caught up to him at this level.

Q: Mbem-Bosse??
Josh: Supposed to be taking a visit - could be the guy who takes Jefferson's spot.

Q: kj young scenario? rehreshers plz
Joe: Offered late in the process and was under the radar until his senior film blew up.

Q: Levi Draper. You HAVE to make a call where he ends up if he was signing this year. IYO only, which school would he sign with?
Josh: I'd still pick OSU.
Josh: But definitely think Ou is turning his head.

Q: Any news on end of HS season guys OU's waiting on(we'll watch your senior film kind of thing)? Or has the mentality changed with the new coaches(sign early and fill up your spots)?
Josh: I think Rowdy is a guy they are still watching, and there may be a few others but again I think Ou feels they have a pretty good line on wha ttheir class will look like.

Q: Samaje stay all 4 years?
Joe: That would be my bet.

Q: Jace Webb out of Hollis? Just looks like a kid alot of schools are missing on by watchhing his film. Figured Bill B. would love a player like him. I know competition is not the greatest but damn hes athletic and would be great for an offense like this
Joe: I like Webb a lot, but I'd give offers to Frederick, Roberson, Brown, and Fiailoa first
Josh: I like his tape a lot but I also think he's not quite as big as he appears

Q: Do week keep starting WR's and Baker in for this game and risk injury, or let the RB's take the show?
Josh: Well you then are risking your RB? I mean you can't approach it like that. Have to go play the game

Q: How many points against Kansas is not sportsmanlike? High 80's?
Josh: OU will sit on the egg once it gets into the 50s IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.