ADVERTISEMENT

carlson article

Ouch...the truth hurts though. I'm not a fan of hers, but I think she makes a pretty solid point in that article.
This sums it up pretty damn well from the article...the last line nails it!!!

Inconsistent.

That was how the Oklahoma coach described the pass game, the run game, the offensive line, the quarterback, the receivers, the defense, the tackling ... well, you get the idea. Pretty much everything about the Sooners was inconsistent in their debacle in Dallas.

These didn't used to be problems for the Sooners.

Hard to argue with the article, IMO. Especially the point "just as apt to lay an egg as get a big win" (summarizing).

We need a big, big, win today, to get the heat off of us. Bob Stoops for president. Too much caffeine this am. Where is my herbal supplements.

Gsx can YOU quit obsessing with barking and give your thoughts about the game? Geez dude you hang on his every word. Obsession seems to be an issue with you on several things

Reactions: BillyRay
CFG2Zh.jpg

Reactions: gsxrace01
Article pretty much spot on. Many are predicting Sooners lose today. Know one thing, if Mike Stoops comes out today with a 2-4-5 defense (like he did last week against horns) against a running team he needs to go after today's game and not at the end of the season.

After the asstexas beat down, I will take a win and a big one for sure. By the way we were favored over Texas too, we got our butts handed to us.

Reactions: gsxrace01
Bob hasn't lost two consecutive regular season games since 1999, so yeah, this is a big game. Also, KSU's record as an unranked team against a ranked team isn't too good either. Does anyone even think these stats are worthy today? Doesn't seem like it.

I don't agree.

I think this is very accurate. It's hard to dispute this paragraph. In fact, I don't think anyone can to be honest. Having said this, I didn't read the balance of the article. OU is a sollid, good brand. No doubt about this. But the brand isn't shining. It's dull and needs to be polished up a bit.

That means it's time to re-calibrate, Sooner fans. Your team is no longer among the elite. We're not talking about historically; there's no disparaging that when it comes to the powerhouses of the game, OU's national titles and win totals put it among the best. But in the here and now? This isn't a program that ranks among the elitist of the elite.

I wish we had Georgia's home recruiting base. That state turns out some excellent football players.

I wish we had Georgia's home recruiting base. That state turns out some excellent football players.
We can get and do get good recruits, it's about tieing it all together at the same time with a nice bow on top meaning good coaching. Look at the sooners in the NFL, excellent players.

Lets sneak up to Nebraska and recruit some of those big corn fed boys OF line boys...heck Nebraska doesnt need them anymore its not like they have to play us every year...lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT