ADVERTISEMENT

Can We Have An Honest Convo About DG?

RoofRyderz

Sooner signee
Gold Member
Jun 15, 2021
I listened to the Unofficial 40 this morning, and heard @george3stoia and @Eddie_Rado talk about Dillon Gabriel, but I feel like this needs it’s own thread. First, it is not uncommon for a freshman to come in and start at QB in the first season. George said Caleb Williams is an outlier, and while he certainly is, Dillon Gabriel is not and he started as a freshman. Baker Mayfield walked on and started at Tech. We all witnessed the Clemson debacle last year when they stubbornly stuck with the wrong guy and it cost them a playoff berth. All I want to hear is somebody honestly say that if DG plays like he did last year, we need to at least see what Jackson Arnold can do. Please quit making excuses for DG’s play last year. If being QB1 is too big for him, then he needs to not be QB1 anymore. But, it he steps up his play and can be a more consistently good QB, then I see no reason why he shouldn’t play. We need more 1st quarter Bedlam out of him, and none of quarters 2-4 of Bedlam out of him going forward.

Also, fans can be dumb at times, but we were right about wanting CW over Rattler, and Clemson fans were right about DJU. It is easy to see when a QB doesn’t have it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News