ADVERTISEMENT

Calling Torrance Marshall.......

Got Rings?

Walk-on candidate
Jul 31, 2010
Baker Mayfield got shafted! Not even invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony. I don't think anyone thought he would win it but the guy should have been invited.

I hope Watson wins it and we need Striker to say ala TM at the coin flip..... "You stole my boys trophy and tonight I'm taking it back out your .... "

Talking about some extra motivation for Baker and more importantly his teammates to show his stuff in primetime semifinal game. This is it. Go Baker and OU.

Anybody have that Torrance Marshall clip handy!

Baker Mayfield got shafted! Not even invited to NY for the Heisman ceremony. I don't think anyone thought he would win it but the guy should have been invited.

I hope Watson wins it and we need Striker to say ala TM at the coin flip..... "You stole my boys trophy and tonight I'm taking it back out your .... "

Talking about some extra motivation for Baker and more importantly his teammates to show his stuff in primetime semifinal game. This is it. Go Baker and OU.

Anybody have that Torrance Marshall clip handy!

Who's in the final four? Personally I didn't think Baker would make it. The Heisman is more hype than it was in the old days. You have to start the politic stuff at the beginning of the season. Maybe next year.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Zack Sanchez just tweeted something to the effect of .
"They jus woke up the monster of 6"

I hope this snub to this teams leader wakes the monster up in every player on our team so they play with their hair on fire the rest of the way. Not happening, but I sure wish Deshaun Watson would win the heisman. Just him making it and Baker not is motivation enough along with the beat down last year they gave us. I like the way this is setting up for us. I sure wish we were underdogs too. This team is special no doubt. I can't wait.

Boomer Sooner!

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
I actually like this a little. I mean the guy was a walk on nobody who was met with wide skepticism from everyone including our own fans at the beginning of the year to being left out. I hope he takes that and uses it to his advantage.

You can bet his name will be spoken of early next year for sure if he comes back (which I'm sure he will). I've gained a whole lot of respect for the man.

Reactions: LongTimeSooner
OU had a GREAT defense in 2000!!! This final four features two great defenses that will play one another in Arlington.

I actually like this a little. I mean the guy was a walk on nobody who was met with wide skepticism from everyone including our own fans at the beginning of the year to being left out. I hope he takes that and uses it to his advantage.

You can bet his name will be spoken of early next year for sure if he comes back (which I'm sure he will). I've gained a whole lot of respect for the man.

He'll be back.
Baker said just yesterday that he wasn't declaring for the NFL draft...he also said he loved OU and he's having too much fun to leave early. (paraphrased)

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
He'll be back.
Baker said just yesterday that he wasn't declaring for the NFL draft...he also said he loved OU and he's having too much fun to leave early. (paraphrased)

I sure am glad he's coming back. It really saves us I think. I don't think any other QB's are ready to fill those shoes quite yet and another year should give us a solid option. I really hope he stays healthy and wins the Heisman on his way out.

He is a great story and someone that isn't going to be forgotten any time soon. Have your fun Mayfield, but only after you win #8. Until then, ice the aggy chick and focus! <grin>

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I sure am glad he's coming back. It really saves us I think. I don't think any other QB's are ready to fill those shoes quite yet and another year should give us a solid option. I really hope he stays healthy and wins the Heisman on his way out.

He is a great story and someone that isn't going to be forgotten any time soon. Have your fun Mayfield, but only after you win #8. Until then, ice the aggy chick and focus! <grin>

Keep Katy Perry away from him............The aggy chick must be his good luck charm. Oh, and the reindeer is the OSU guys lucky charm....HA!

Reactions: AbsoluteZer0
Keep Katy Perry away from him............The aggy chick must be his good luck charm. Oh, and the reindeer is the OSU guys lucky charm....HA!

Yeah, you know how payments were made to fly banners around stadiums one year? We should break out the check book and pay that goofy aggy to screw the raindeer at the orange bowl....maybe for a few extra dollars (or a time share in the Arbuckle wilderness) we could coax him to do Tony the Tiger.

He will be the talk on New Year's Eve & Day. Baker's story has started, but it isn't close to being finished yet.

Anything to keep Bama in the spotlight. Yes Henry is a beast...but he was playing to the game end every game racking up yards and TDs when the game was well decided and the defenses were completely depleted to improve his stats and boost his Heisman chances...A Heisman winner from your school is a heck of a recruiting tool...and Saban's no dummy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT