ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams

Keep digging and you may find out what a good person he really is. That's why he's going to be OU's next oc! Boomer
Yeah I will be a bit pragmatic on this one. I despise Baylor/Briles for many of the reasons which occurred under his tenure. Not too mention how Baylor was politically pressured into the Big 12. In the end, I hate the abuse of authority and sincerely hope Lebby had nothing to do with the numerous scandals. I'm not excited though on this hire if it comes to fruition.

“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter,” the panel said. “His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel."

"Still, the panel didn’t find Briles guilty of any rules violations when putting Baylor on four years or probation and imposing recruiting restrictions on the football program."

"But the infractions panel reluctantly agreed with Baylor that the mishandling of various allegations on the Waco campus “did not constitute violations of NCAA legislation.”

"In February 2017, university regents revealed new details in the case, including texts and quotes from conversations alleging Briles ignored sexual assaults by players and failed to alert university officials or discipline athletes. In one alleged gang rape incident in 2013, Briles was shown a list of players a victim had identified."

“These are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?,” Briles is quoted in the filing as saying.

Reactions: ShamWowed
“In each instance, when the head coach received information from a staff member regarding potential criminal conduct by a football student-athlete, he did not report the information and did not personally look any further into the matter,” the panel said. “His incurious attitude toward potential criminal conduct by his student-athletes was deeply troubling to the panel."

"Still, the panel didn’t find Briles guilty of any rules violations when putting Baylor on four years or probation and imposing recruiting restrictions on the football program."

"But the infractions panel reluctantly agreed with Baylor that the mishandling of various allegations on the Waco campus “did not constitute violations of NCAA legislation.”

"In February 2017, university regents revealed new details in the case, including texts and quotes from conversations alleging Briles ignored sexual assaults by players and failed to alert university officials or discipline athletes. In one alleged gang rape incident in 2013, Briles was shown a list of players a victim had identified."

“These are some bad dudes. Why was she around those guys?,” Briles is quoted in the filing as saying.

I'm not giving Briles a pass on this. I do wonder, though, why the alleged victims chose to complain to the staff rather than report it to law enforcement.

This issue with Briles is not at all a "liberal" one.
Women were raped and assaulted and while this isn't an NCAA violation, it is a felony....which makes it worse. Briles' lack of response was similar to Paterno's in the Sandusky rape of a 10 year boy. And it was appalling to see so many Penn State fans defend Paterno.....but when it comes to coaches and players, many fans will defend/support their sacred cow coaches and players blindly.
That Briles was exonerated does not mean he was a non-participant in this scandal. He was....by not reacting.
I do not think that Venables wants or needs the fallout that is sure to come (in hiring Lebby) from the media and opposing recruiters.

CT I didn't say it was a Liberal Issue but most of the nasty comments being thrown at Lebby in Social Media are coming from Horn fans, liberals and Poke fans.
I read one story about a woman accusing Devin Chafin of assaulting her and that Lebby was told about it. She had pics of bruises on her arm and Chafin said he didn't do it. I believe the Police were notified about it but no charges were filed. In this instance I believe its a he said/she said thing. Chafin said she wouldn't leave his house and was fighting him. I don't who to believe in that instance but I have been involved with some crazy women in my time so who knows how that went down unless you were there?

Last edited:
I'm not giving Briles a pass on this. I do wonder, though, why the alleged victims chose to complain to the staff rather than report it to law enforcement.
Not sure about the others but Chafin claimed the woman that accused him of assault wanted a job and that she was fighting him at his home and wouldn't leave, that she did not go to the Police but told the Baylor Acrobatics and Tumbling Coach while she was trying to decide if she should go to the Police or not to tell them that Chafin assaulted her. If someone assaulted me going to the Police would be the first step I took it certainly wouldn't be to tell an Acrobatics Coach. Just strange all the way around.

I thought similarly while reading it.

Legally and through NCAA bylaws, Briles did nothing in violation. His blame is just negligence which I could see happening in this situation easily where he apparently had no clear duty. Too commonly, organizations have these nebulous oath of conduct policies and then try to frame the nebulous writing into a case specific violation when they need to deflect blame.

As a manager of coworkers, I've had more than one occasion where an employee violated some policy, and HR handles it and SPECIFICALLY tells me to stay out of it and do not discuss it, even with the employee.

I could totally see Briles hearing from University officials about player misconduct and thinking, "ok, the school officials are aware and will handle this. For legal purposes, stay out of it."

For the NCAA infractions committee to say he had responsibility as a senior staff member is really silly in this current political environment where everyone is receiving punitive fines and sometimes incarceration from any knowledge or spoken words about any legal issue.

We've really taught everyone to stay out of every legal issue at all expense, because even if you meant well, we're still going to get you. People complain about other people filming everything and not stopping crimes in progress, but we've taught ourselves this removal from situations. Good Samaritans are punished daily in this country.

I thought similarly while reading it.

Legally and through NCAA bylaws, Briles did nothing in violation. His blame is just negligence which I could see happening in this situation easily where he apparently had no clear duty. Too commonly, organizations have these nebulous oath of conduct policies and then try to frame the nebulous writing into a case specific violation when they need to deflect blame.

As a manager of coworkers, I've had more than one occasion where an employee violated some policy, and HR handles it and SPECIFICALLY tells me to stay out of it and do not discuss it, even with the employee.

I could totally see Briles hearing from University officials about player misconduct and thinking, "ok, the school officials are aware and will handle this. For legal purposes, stay out of it."

For the NCAA infractions committee to say he had responsibility as a senior staff member is really silly in this current political environment where everyone is receiving punitive fines and sometimes incarceration from any knowledge or spoken words about any legal issue.

We've really taught everyone to stay out of every legal issue at all expense, because even if you meant well, we're still going to get you. People complain about other people filming everything and not stopping crimes in progress, but we've taught ourselves this removal from situations. Good Samaritans are punished daily in this country.
I hear you. I think you also know that I've managed several large factories around the world and I agree IF HR and Legal are notified, it's incumbent upon me to stand down. The way I read it, though, is that he didn't notify anyone. If that's true, then he was 100% wrong. Cheers

To me, especially in light of that nappy headed Ewers transferring to Texas in exchange for $4-$5 million, I’m inclined to think Caleb’s holding out until after the bowl game, boils down to money. When you hear Lebby announced at the OC/QB coach, Williams knows he’s the hottest up and comer OC in cfb. No doubt Caleb wants to stay it’s a question of how bad the OU boosters want him to stay and are willing to pay is the question imo.

unfortunately cfb as we knew it is gone as are any loyalties. The players and their handlers will be running the show

Having Williams will be huge next year, but Rucker/Bowens/Evers will be just fine next year.

We'll see what happens. He strategically dodged questions about his future at OU in the press conference last night, saying he was going on vacation with his family and he'll make his decision later.

Reactions: Oklabama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT