ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Williams officially to USC

It was always going to happen. Premeditated bullshit that tbow and the w's cooked up. I hope Riley has a great career in the fast food business.

To my point, Kyler Murray did NOT miss a year of high school football, and in his freshman season in college he completed 59.5% of his passes, with 5 TD's and 7 INT's. Hardly the stuff of legends. Bradford didn't even play as a true freshman, he redshirted. Mayfield as a true freshman completed 64.1% of his passes, with 12 TD's and 7 INT's. Hurts was arguably the best of the bunch as a true freshman, completing 62.8% of his passes, with 23 TD's and 7 INT's.

Williams, as a true freshman, completed 64.5% of his passes, with 21 TD's and 4 INT's.

Comparing all of the above as true freshmen by QB rating:

Williams 169.6
Hurts 139.1
Mayfield 127.7
Murray 109.2
Bradford (DNP)
Rattler (DNP)

If you guys can't acknowledge that Williams is significantly ahead of these guys at the same point in their careers, then you're letting your hatred get in the way of factual information.
Williams is as bad as Riley. What they did is Probably illegal on a legal plain. Definitely illegal on a moral plane. They lied, deceived, and stole from Oklahoma. Hope they get what they deserve!

Reactions: Belldozer1
Williams is as bad as Riley. What they did is Probably illegal on a legal plain. Definitely illegal on a moral plane. They lied, deceived, and stole from Oklahoma. Hope they get what they deserve!
If you add all of the nonsensical facts up:
1) Riley is thought to be shopping USC back in September
2) Williams replaces Rattler in October
3) Riley leaves Oklahoma in November
4) Williams follows Riley to USC

🤣😆😂

Hollywood writer probably cooked up the storyline for USC hype and promotions. This probably profits more than a movie in the COVID era.

CW is gone. Get over it and move on. OUr program is better off without those idiots who chose to go to a conference that is on par with the Mountain West.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Pretty sure everybody is over it and has moved on.

Message boards are meant for messages.
Some people take betrayal like it's a norm. Moving on as a way to forget about what they used to care about. That's not me. I'm the type that will dedicate the rest of my life to get even if the cause is right. I do get your tired of hearing about it so I will refrain from making snarky comments however; their bad news will always be welcomed from me😁

Some people take betrayal like it's a norm. Moving on as a way to forget about what they used to care about. That's not me. I'm the type that will dedicate the rest of my life to get even if the cause is right. I do get your tired of hearing about it so I will refrain from making snarky comments however; their bad news will always be welcomed from me😁
I was replying to running back. Preach on, Loop! I love chatter. Any chatter.

Reactions: iasooner2000
It seems strange to regard an Oklahoma team with an 11-2 record as not being anywhere near one of OU's better teams, but it clearly wasn't.
But it was typical of Lincoln Riley's influence, especially in his final year when the team struggled against inferior teams, then was exposed by Baylor and OSU.
Whatever level of overall talent there was, it never improved and seemed to stagnate all season long.

To my point, Kyler Murray did NOT miss a year of high school football, and in his freshman season in college he completed 59.5% of his passes, with 5 TD's and 7 INT's. Hardly the stuff of legends. Bradford didn't even play as a true freshman, he redshirted. Mayfield as a true freshman completed 64.1% of his passes, with 12 TD's and 7 INT's. Hurts was arguably the best of the bunch as a true freshman, completing 62.8% of his passes, with 23 TD's and 7 INT's.

Williams, as a true freshman, completed 64.5% of his passes, with 21 TD's and 4 INT's.

Comparing all of the above as true freshmen by QB rating:

Williams 169.6
Hurts 139.1
Mayfield 127.7
Murray 109.2
Bradford (DNP)
Rattler (DNP)

If you guys can't acknowledge that Williams is significantly ahead of these guys at the same point in their careers, then you're letting your hatred get in the way of factual information.
I agree with you. Williams was not projected as the starter and was not given the reps Rattler received. Nor did he play in his last year of high school. Obviously, it remains to be seen if he will be a Heisman type but overall he has significant talent. I think we will recover fine though but I would have preferred he stayed.

Reactions: Soonermikee5
Williams is likely going to put up good numbers the next 2 seasons, but is very likely going to leave college ball with no conference championships, no Heisman, and a mediocre winning percentage. The road to success at USC isn't going to be overnight for Riley and Caleb. Lot's of losses are looming. The shine could fade quickly for both and at this point they've earned the ire from Sooner Nation and college football fans in general. I don't wish bad to either personally, but I will get mild satisfaction with every loss they incur.

I'm still of the opinion that opposing coaches may have figured Riley out. That or he really was essentially tanking to avoid the conference title game and potential playoff birth, which is really the worst of all of this. What he stole from the players dedicated to Oklahoma can't be forgiven.

In my opinion TBOW checked out at the beginning of the season. He was looking for a way out right after the SEC announcement.
There's certainly a lot of damning evidence pointing towards him talking to USC as early as September, prior to losing a game. Where there's smoke, there's fire. If people can uncover evidence that they were speaking in September, then there's uncovered evidence we're missing that shows it was even earlier.

Going Forward, I, for one, will continue cheering at ALL of Riley's Games...For his Opponents...Whoever they may be, and YES, even for Da Ducks!!!

I have a nasty secret I feel compelled to expose. My mom was born and raised in Portland, OR, and my dad was born in Hood River, OR and drifted around the state from McMinville up to Walla Walla, WA. His dad was a logger.

All of my extended family is in the Oregon area.

Imo, if you were to line Rattler and Willams up on a practice field, no pressure situation, just them throwing the ball around, Rattler imo may very well win that competition. He was pretty accurate and could throw a deep ball. The problem is imo that Williams has all the intangibles, he can avoid pressure, he can scramble, he can improvise better. No doubt Williams legend started with the Texas game and everything happens for a reason but here’s a hypothetical: what if Williams doesn’t pick up the 4th and 1 vs Texas? Texas has that play sniffed out perfectly, the Texas safety somehow misses the tackle right at the line of scrimmage. Sometimes luck plays a huge role. Williams threw a couple of passes in that game that were purely 50/50 and they worked out. On the other hand, he probably saved us from being beat by Kansas with his heads up play.

I have a nasty secret I feel compelled to expose. My mom was born and raised in Portland, OR, and my dad was born in Hood River, OR and drifted around the state from McMinville up to Walla Walla, WA. His dad was a logger.

All of my extended family is in the Oregon area.
Say 4 "Hail Mary's", no beer for two weeks, watch reruns of Tammy Faye and you will be cleared of all the wrong doings of your parents. Oh, and sing Boomer Sooner is the shower every morning for the next two weeks.

Robin Roberts is scoring big. Jussie Smolett and now the fingernail polish king - Caleb Williams. She is keen on interviewing wounded black guys.
Yeah they’re almost acting like he overcame many struggles to get where he is now what a joke. If I was Caleb I’d absolutely shut myself down because I don’t care what USC fans say he has created expectations for himself that will never be lived up to. First loss they get this year, he, Riley and USC will be savaged on social media as they should be

The USC offense may take a tick upward next season if the OL can come together, but I don’t see a way that Grinch can improve the below par defense enough to compete for the PAC anytime soon. Riley is very fortunate to have brought the former Sooners with him for his offense. His play calling will have to make a major improvement though. If Riley ever does win a conference title he will likely do a Pete Carroll and leave with crocodile tears running down his cheeks for the benefit of Condom fans.

ADVERTISEMENT