ADVERTISEMENT

But, what if we win?? 🤷‍♂️

Stads

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Sep 14, 2014
But, What if We Win??

This Tennessee matchup is a great spot for OU this week for a lot of reasons.

- Tennessee opponents are 2-7. The 2 Ws are both NC State (W Carolina and La Tech, unimpressively). They've played nobody, but have looked incredibly sharp doing so and considered Top 5 by most.

- They're bringing a Fr QB to his first road game. He's made mistakes this year already, against fully bad competition.

- Our atmosphere is going to be it's best in a decade (or more) at night. Tough spot to be exposed to adversity for Nico/Heupel.

- We should get (at least) Dolby and Anderson back this week. Anderson (and hopefully Hickman) potentially changes everything on O if they're right.

Feels a lot like the Texas game spot to me last year, except we're at home. We came out of that Defense-led win with the Heisman frontrunner and some considering us the #1 team in the country (TX had just whipped Bama in Tuscaloosa). It was proof of concept of the team we've been trying to build under BV. I don't expect an offensive explosion, but I don't think it's impossible for our Defense to create favorable offensive opportunities (or even a score).

If we can continue to produce turnovers, there's no reason we can't win a close game with both teams scoring in the 20-30 range. That's SEC football. We can't (and don't want to) shoot it out, like we did under Riley.

If we win, we will be the new Top 5 hotness and universally considered a playoff team; and the conversation will shift to the not-impossible reality that our defense is actually elite and good enough for us to win ANY game on the schedule.

Believe!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.