ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: 2025 QB commit Kevin Sperry transfers to Carl Albert | Some quotes from the Sperry family and more

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
This has been in the works since last two weeks, when the Sperry family stayed in an airbnb in Norman area. The family went and looked at homes in the CA district last Wednesday and found a place. They were also planning on looking around in Mustang, but you may hear news of some more QB movement to OK over then next few weeks in that regard as well. 2025 QB’s will be DEEP and something the state has never seen.

All that said, it was earlier this morning that the Sperry family made the call to his coaches at Rock Hill to tell them the four-star QB was moving to Oklahoma.

As for the how things are planned, I’ve been in contact with the Sperry’s for the last two weeks, and this was talked about and being planned. However, the move this quickly was very spontaneous. Kevin Sr. told me last week that it was after the 4th of July weekend when they planned on “starting to look around and make a decision on the district.”

Obviously that changed, and before it was broken by Scoop, I was in the midst of talking with Kev Sr and Jr about the move. Senior called it a “spur-of-the-moment move that gave us the same feeling when we moved from Cali to Texas. Now, it’s Texas to Oklahoma and we couldn’t be more happy about it. We are just at home with the state, with OU, with the city, with everything!”

I’ll have more on this situation, and big story for OU and OKPreps, but wanted to give you a portion of the story I was working on before the story was broken and out there.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News