ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 Predictions/Top 25 Predictions

The horns will lose more than 3 games. I just don't believe Charlie is going turn the corner this year and will be looking for a new job.

Unless Buechele becomes an elite QB....and very soon....and if Texas loses 4 or more games....Strong may be out, even with another upset of Oklahoma.
I believe the main source of the Longhorns' mediocrity in recent years is the lack of a stellar quarterback.
OU, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech and Houston all manage to recruit good quarterbacks.
Quarterback is the most important position for a football team. A good QB can "hide" whatever weaknesses a team might have and can influence a game's result on offense and defense. OU has had its share of good/great QB's and many times this has allowed OU to win high scoring games when the defense couldn't get the job done.
Texas needs to attract the RG III, Mayfield, Ward, Manziel, Tannehill types. That's too much talent to lose out on in recruiting, yet Texas keeps on missing out.

Unless Buechele becomes an elite QB....and very soon....and if Texas loses 4 or more games....Strong may be out, even with another upset of Oklahoma.
I believe the main source of the Longhorns' mediocrity in recent years is the lack of a stellar quarterback.
OU, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech and Houston all manage to recruit good quarterbacks.
Quarterback is the most important position for a football team. A good QB can "hide" whatever weaknesses a team might have and can influence a game's result on offense and defense. OU has had its share of good/great QB's and many times this has allowed OU to win high scoring games when the defense couldn't get the job done.
Texas needs to attract the RG III, Mayfield, Ward, Manziel, Tannehill types. That's too much talent to lose out on in recruiting, yet Texas keeps on missing out.
The Big12 needs for Texas to become a powerhouse again. Actually, the nation needs that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT