ADVERTISEMENT

BIG XII Exit Date Unchanged...

If July of 2025 is OU's exit date, I'm glad.
It will take that long, as I see it, for OU's recruiting to stabilize before competing in the SEC.
Venables and his staff are off to a great start, especially when you consider the turmoil left behind in Riley's exit.

I think what we saw last season, is going to be worse. For a long time, OU and Texas got their share of breaks when going against other schools in the conference. That went away last season. The travesty of the end of the Bedlam game was the perfect example. It will be worse the next three years. OU is not going to get any breaks from Big 12 officials any more. We may not even get them when facing teams outside the conference. Don't discount the impact that can have.

I've enjoyed the Big XII for a lot of reasons. Lots of road games I could watch close to home. I've been to two three game softball series at Baylor and one in Lubbock. That's going away in the SEC. But I think we need to leave as soon as possible. Nothing screws up recruiting like losing three or four conference games in the Big 12. Just think about how many close games against not very good teams happened last season. And Texas lost what? Six straight games, and missed even going to a bowl game. They can buy their way out of that in NIL. I'm not sure we can.

I think what we saw last season, is going to be worse. For a long time, OU and Texas got their share of breaks when going against other schools in the conference. That went away last season. The travesty of the end of the Bedlam game was the perfect example. It will be worse the next three years. OU is not going to get any breaks from Big 12 officials any more. We may not even get them when facing teams outside the conference. Don't discount the impact that can have.

I've enjoyed the Big XII for a lot of reasons. Lots of road games I could watch close to home. I've been to two three game softball series at Baylor and one in Lubbock. That's going away in the SEC. But I think we need to leave as soon as possible. Nothing screws up recruiting like losing three or four conference games in the Big 12. Just think about how many close games against not very good teams happened last season. And Texas lost what? Six straight games, and missed even going to a bowl game. They can buy their way out of that in NIL. I'm not sure we can.
My man, don't dwell on that. We had bitch boy at the helm. Now whether he was the boy genius as was anointed? Proven false. A pirate clone. No defense. Brent is seasoned and knows what it takes. Oh, and texas just sucks. 👍

Reactions: iasooner2000
OU won't be as talented as last year losing its 4 best defenders, 4 DB's, WR Woods, KS Brkic, Kennedy Brooks, Caleb and Mario Williams, two offensive linemen, HB/FB Hall and a few others, but I also believe better coaching and motivation will compensate for some of the lost talent.
I think OU will have a resolve to perform better.... a resolve I never saw last season.
I believe Riley's departure and the way it unfolded will awaken a "sleeping giant".... with a chip on his shoulder.

OU won't be as talented as last year losing its 4 best defenders, 4 DB's, WR Woods, KS Brkic, Kennedy Brooks, Caleb and Mario Williams, two offensive linemen, HB/FB Hall and a few others, but I also believe better coaching and motivation will compensate for some of the lost talent.
I think OU will have a resolve to perform better.... a resolve I never saw last season.
I believe Riley's departure and the way it unfolded will awaken a "sleeping giant".... with a chip on his shoulder.
I understand a coaching change might make folks take a step back in optimism. Let's just get ready for the Brent era. I'm juiced. He's gonna surprise some some folks from day one. Hang on!

I understand a coaching change might make folks take a step back in optimism. Let's just get ready for the Brent era. I'm juiced. He's gonna surprise some some folks from day one. Hang on!
The first time Baylor walked on the field under Aranda they were better. He turned them into a tough, hard nosed football team. That’s the scenario I see with Brent. Plus I would think we have a little more talent than Baylor.

The first time Baylor walked on the field under Aranda they were better. He turned them into a tough, hard nosed football team. That’s the scenario I see with Brent. Plus I would think we have a little more talent than Baylor.
My man! Now we've always been better throughout history of cfb, there ain't noone gonna convince me otherwise. Brent's gonna turn it around. Heck, he already has. 👍

Last edited:
My man! Now we've always been better throughout history of cfb, there ain't noone gonna convince me otherwise. Brent's gonna turn it around. Heck, he already has. 👍
What I think we'll see, IMO, is a team similar to the '99 team. They lost 5 games, but man you could tell it was a different team. I was living in Indy at the time and I took the family down to Louisville to watch OU/Louisville. Just watching the team play that day, I was impressed. Totally different team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT