ADVERTISEMENT

Big Picture

Lets just hope we don't have our annual dud game and get beat by Kansas or WV
Agree but this isnt your typical KU or WV teams we will be playing. Texas faced KU without Daniels and he is a difference maker. It won’t be an easy out. Still not sure if WV is as good as the 5-1 record they have though

Reactions: iasooner2000
F77DVQDXwAAfHYF

Brent is definitely more involved in every facet of the game than he was last year, and it’s having a very positive impact. Hopefully he’s only going to get better.
Unfortunately, I see him aging before our eyes. He's devoted to this, all the while dealing with as tough a family situation as their is. He wants to have a good a DC as Dabo had at Clemson. To do it, he has to do almost two jobs. Being the HC at OU has it time consuming challenges. I just wonder how long he can burn the candle at both ends. Stealing signs takes more than the normal preparation. He's supposed to be as good at that as anybody in the game.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Unfortunately, I see him aging before our eyes. He's devoted to this, all the while dealing with as tough a family situation as their is. He wants to have a good a DC as Dabo had at Clemson. To do it, he has to do almost two jobs. Being the HC at OU has it time consuming challenges. I just wonder how long he can burn the candle at both ends. Stealing signs takes more than the normal preparation. He's supposed to be as good at that as anybody in the game.
You lost me at "stealing signs".

Unfortunately, I see him aging before our eyes. He's devoted to this, all the while dealing with as tough a family situation as there is. He wants to have a good a DC as Dabo had at Clemson. To do it, he has to do almost two jobs. Being the HC at OU has it time consuming challenges. I just wonder how long he can burn the candle at both ends. Stealing signs takes more than the normal preparation. He's supposed to be as good at that as anybody in the game.
Aging before our eyes? Stealing signs? Tough family situation? Burning the candle at I the ends?

What a depressing outlook. Looks like someone needs their meds.

They even talked about it on the broadcast yesterday, about how BV is known for trying to steal the signs before getting his defensive play call in. I didn't realize he was known for that until a playoff game four or five years ago. They were talking about it on the national broadcast of a Clemson playoff game, and that when you played Clemson, it's part of what you had to deal with. And you don't just show up and have it happen.

I don't know how to post pics here in a post, but go back and look at Brent in the video when he flew into Norman for the hiring announcement, and his show last week. He's already aged considerably in less than two calendar years.

Well I guess the conference commissioner should just script the game plans for each team. BV ain't no coach apparently. God dam almighty! I've heard it all now. Smh.

There was a long article, I think in Sports Illunstrated talking about the practice in college football. and BV once known as the master of it. It's a pretty well known fact in college football circles.

As ridiculous as stealing signs in baseball, just ask the Astros. I guess we better do the honorable thing and forfeit the season after firing Brent.

Everybody in baseball steals signs, and it's legal. It's not legal to do what the Astros did, using electronics to do it.

Sign stealing in football is legal. My senior year, I was the manager for the alumni team in the old Varsity-Alumni game and knew our varsity signal system. This was Barry Switzer's "first game" as OU's head coach. I whispered to one of the alum players what was coming three or four plays in a row. He told the coach, who asked if I could tell him what was coming, and I reluctantly told him I could. And so for two series late in the game, the alums shouted the plays and stopped two straight series.

It really pissed off Galen Hall who taught me the signals earlier in the football season. So I stopped. But when I coached kids' football for 30 years, I used those same signals, and threw in a rubik's cube for the colors for certain things. A guy in that league one year, told me after the season he spent the whole season trying to learn my signals. All the games were at the same city field, and virtually all the coaches watched every game. This was

But he told me he could never figure out what the rubik's cube was for. It was the simplest thing, but it kept them from learning the whole system. I never was in a league against him again, or I would have changed them

Last edited:
Reactions: ColeTucker
Woody, It’s common. Haven’t you ever noticed that some teams have two or three guys sending in signals to make it more difficult to figure out (steal) the signs?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I don’t know but since we’re asking about stuff, why do you call Riley Brisket Boy? Does it have anything to do with Brisket Boys BBQ in San Antonio? Just wondering.
Ha, I wished I could share the pic boy wonder shared a few years ago of his tortured brisket. Claims to be from Texas but ain't no one here does it like that. I'm an okie been in Texas 37 years my man. Someone will surely share that comical pic. Worth the laughs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT