ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 Softball Tourney

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
Watching BYU put 5 runs on OSU thru 5 innings. Noticed that the called strikes against OU last week are called balls today.

BYU already beat us once. I don't think we have the pitching depth to win two more, though Monticelli did a nice job today, and with the run rule, allowed Kelly Maxwall to only have to pitch three innings. If it is OU-Texas in the final, I want to see her be strong on 48 hours rest.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Not Big 12 tourney, but from the broadcasters, last year's Sooner, Jocelyn Erickson was SEC player of the years. There are several other Sooners, espcially at UTenn, that are lighting it up in the SEC.

Reactions: iasooner2000
BYU already beat us once. I don't think we have the pitching depth to win two more, though Monticelli did a nice job today, and with the run rule, allowed Kelly Maxwall to only have to pitch three innings. If it is OU-Texas in the final, I want to see her be strong on 48 hours rest.
As long as the bats get going they will have a shot. Deal was solid today vs a good hitting BYU team but OU will need another pitching performance like Deal today to keep Texas bats at bay. I think PG will pitch Maxwell but she has been shaky lately.

I’ll say this, if the girls can get 5 or more runs against Texas they will win. Lets hope the hitting continues like vs KU and BYU.

I had the pleasure of meeting Dan Cook the longtime sportscaster in San antonio who coined the phrase "it ain't over till the fat lady sings" for the sports world a long time ago. I ain't hearing that fat lady warming up yet on OUr gals. 😉

BOOMER!

UT got a less challenging regional. But if seeds hold, which grantedly never happens totally, when they get to OKC, they'll start with Stanford. Not enviable. Long range goals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT