ADVERTISEMENT

Best and worst Sooner message boards?

Now, ST. Texas handled Rice pretty solidly early this year. It was their only win until... uh.... never mind. Only Baylor and TCU have passed them by, at least so far. Of course,, they can always be proud of having their own national network paid for by ESPN. While some of us wonder how many other networks would survive repeated the same four hour programs every week, like the 2005 NC game, or reprising their glowing moment of the last three weeks, 12 times in the subsequent month. Can you imagine if CBS show the best NCIS episode of the season a dozen times before Thanksgiving. LHN does that with virtually every win of the season.

They have about as much good material to use as the old UPN, which I think disappeared in the last century.

I have a little different view of what makes for a good message board. I believe the best message board isn't about everybody having an unfettered opportunity to speak their opinion. A great message board has solid information. And the opinions are based more on good info, rather than tantrums because somebody can spew their venom about those whose performance they view as insufficient.

I could second guess just about anything, even if I know nothing about it. That is the opposite of valuable.

OK, OK...I may have not given UT enough credit...barely. ;) They DO truly epitomize the phase "money can't buy happiness". Sad that the Horn Moron Horde we tried to educate that their program on the verge of a major collapse back in 2010 changed their screen names and now pose as OU fans here. We could really have some fun with them. ;)

And you and I are in violent agreement on what makes for a good message board. And it reminds me, thank you for all the value you've added to this board for more than a decade. Mean that sincerely. You stuck it out until the board took care of itself...again.

It's a good board that offers ebb & flow, w/ some give & take by most posters. Despite the hypocritical state of other posters. When it gets a bit too tough to handle for some, they go whining, sniveling, and crying to Josh. While a few do this openly, others do it w/o admitting it. After a few months pass, they then pat themselves on the back for 'straightening out their board'. Which is pretty hilarious. Presonally, I enjoy the board and I've never allowed anyone get me so ruffled that it required me to take a hiatus from the board. Some just can't handle the truths that many posters offer on a weekly basis. This is what makes this board interesting IMO. Different takes on many different subjects from many different posters. Add to this the latest technology of self moderation w/ the ignore button, I think this is a great board and getting better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT