ADVERTISEMENT

Beat Navy!!

Army is starting to show some signs of life this season after having one winning season since 1996. A win today could go a long way in restoring the West Point program to some...any....level of competitiveness.
Given that academic and tour of duty requirements are more demanding at West Point than the other two academies (and all three have high academic requirements), I'm not sure if Army can stay relevant. A win today gives Army a 7-5 record and clinches a winning record regardless of the outcome of its bowl game with North Texas. The schedule has been a puny one for sure, but Army's football fortunes have been puny for 20 years....a 7-5 record is a nice first baby step.

Army is starting to show some signs of life this season after having one winning season since 1996. A win today could go a long way in restoring the West Point program to some...any....level of competitiveness.
Given that academic and tour of duty requirements are more demanding at West Point than the other two academies (and all three have high academic requirements), I'm not sure if Army can stay relevant. A win today gives Army a 7-5 record and clinches a winning record regardless of the outcome of its bowl game with North Texas. The schedule has been a puny one for sure, but Army's football fortunes have been puny for 20 years....a 7-5 record is a nice first baby step.

I respect both institutions but would like to see a more even series. Go Army!

You can bet I'll be at West Point when Army plays OU. I was there a couple of months ago for my 40th reunion. Took a breathtaking river cruise of the Hudson River with beautiful scenery, bald eagles...everything.

Army can't compete with OU on the gridiron. I just hope we can finally win one against the squids.

Go Army, Beat Navy!!!

[QUOTE="WP76, post: 1601997, member: 846" I was there a couple of months ago for my 40th reunion.

Army can't compete with OU on the gridiron. I just hope we can finally win one against the squids.

Go Army, Beat Navy!!![/QUOTE]

Good for you! So far, so good.

Reactions: iasooner1
I plan to go to the 2020 game at West Point. I would like a competitive game, but a decisive OU victory.

In 1977 while taking Army Basic Traing at Ft Dix, NJ we got the oportunity to go to West Point to watch Army take on VMI in their opening game. It is a memory I will never forget.

Not only is it a beautiful campus but the atmosphere is unlike any other game I have ever attended anywhere. I have been to Air Force for a couple of games also while being stationed at Ft Carson and that place is my second favorite place to attend.

I always enjoy my trips to Norman but games at West Point and the Air Force Academy will always be tops on my list.

For those that have never attended either it should be on your Bucket list. I still want to go to Annapolis to complete the military Academy trips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT