ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor/Waco observations thread if I may

oujones2001

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2002
McLane stadium was pretty loud at times. I was in 131. Great spot to see the team come out, but too low and in the corner to see anything not coming right at us.

-Baylor really REALLY REALLY likes rap music. Not just the "turn down for what" every third down...no, every f@&:!g time out, break between plays, halftime, "name that tune" contest..it was very odd. I like rap music and it seemed our players were digging it too....but Baylor wants everyone to know they are cool, hip, etc.

-aside from Waco being a dump as usual, as I feared there wasn't much of a spot to go before the game. We ended up at Crickets which was ok. Lot of OU fans there. Up high especially.

-while that stadium is nice, it is a death trap...I'm only half kidding. We were in 131 and there is literally no way to quickly exit the stadium. It's all stairs from what I saw. And there were about 3,000 people trying to go down an average size flight of stairs in the corner. Even in the center at lower level, it's still just a big staircase for exit.
-walking out of the stadium over the bridge is pretty, but again- it seemed like half the stadium was going over the same bridge.

Matt Dimon was walking right at us and telling the Baylor fans F Y'all. I got no problem with it. He just lost his cool. Baylor plays dirty and has for 4 or 5 years. I wanted to strangle Alexander however for pretty much spotting them 4 pts with his 3rd down penalty.

Great team win and everyone kept their head in it.

BOOMER SOONER!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.