ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor playing their 3rd QB. Leads OSU 38-14 mid third Q.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Johnson has led consecutive touchdown drives. With Stidham at quarterback, Baylor led 24-14 at the half, but he hurt an ankle and left the game. They also lost Linwood also to an ankle.

And Billings is dominating inside. The Bears had four sacks in the first half and one more in the 3rd quarter. OSU looks lethargic, but they're not good enough to overcome it. They've come back before, but they'd have to stop Baylor to do that. Cowboys because of the sacks are in negative yards rushing.

After watching the OSU game while at OU-TCU breaks my one thought is: there sure are a lot of good QBs in the Big 12. Why didn't the Horns get any of these guys? 3 Baylor QBs plus 3 TCU QBs plus Mayfield = 7 the Horns whiffed on. Thought all the kids in Texas wanted to play in Austin. Guess not.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I think the freshman quarterback will be a pretty good player at UT. It just takes a while. Remember when Boykin was playing quarterback at TCU two years ago? They didn't have a first down against us until the third quarter. When Vince Young was a redshirt freshman at Texas, OU shut them out for the first time since my senior year, 1972. Both those guys turned into pretty good players when they got a little experience.

When you watch Knight, it would seem that experience doesn't always work for you.

That QB was a beast. I'd rather the Stidham kid had stayed healthy. OSU couldn't block billings at all, that guy completely shut down the middle of the field. OSU is still a recruiting class or two behind on the OL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT