ADVERTISEMENT

Barry on Riley's Departure - What we all knew...

Barry is right on. I personally didn't care for Lincoln Riley as a coach so him leaving was okay with me and I understood why the money was a big factor. I just didn't like that he appeared to make it obvious he recruited Sooner talent, which I think was wrong. If a player asks to transfer with the coach that's different. Williams probably did because Riley was the reason he gave for picking OU. The others, I'm not sure they weren't recruited to USC. Maybe I'm wrong, but Riley knew what that would mean for OU and didn't discourage it. For that, he's a piece of shit.

What great coach runs from a challenge (in this case, the SEC)?
If Switzer is right, which I think he is, OU is greatly benefitting from Riley's departure.
Riley said that his OU teams that entered the playoffs were always the weakest of the 4-teams that participated. I believe Riley is right in this case...... but the fact that OU had the least talented team in the CFP is on Riley, not OU.
I wish Castiglione had fired Riley in 2021 when he started having his secret trips for "personal reasons".
Riley is as much a coward as he is a liar.

I didn't like Riley being named the HC when Bob retired and he proved me right in not liking him and I posted that at the time. I have no ill feelings toward him and wish him the best. He aint here no more and that I believe was the biggest and best thing he did for OU.
The rebuilding process has begun and its a wait and see what happens next but I feel where we are headed is a better place than where we were when Riley was here.

I didn't like Riley being named the HC when Bob retired and he proved me right in not liking him and I posted that at the time. I have no ill feelings toward him and wish him the best. He aint here no more and that I believe was the biggest and best thing he did for OU.
The rebuilding process has begun and its a wait and see what happens next but I feel where we are headed is a better place than where we were when Riley was here.
Absolutely, you never know what yer buying into. JC never saw the grifter coming, or so I want to believe.

Riley may be an ok guy, but, I never thought he had the Wow factor
when he was the head coach at OU. Maybe I'm wrong.

He's already fleeced USC. When the Trojan natives get restless he'll bolt for the NFL and the fall will be hard. When the dust settles his jump from Oklahoma to USC won't be a stain on the Sooners as many perceive, but the highlight of his true nature.
There will be an NFL owner go all in with TBOW. What they do.

Reactions: iasooner2000
You know, I've got no issue with him leaving to pursue other interests, houses, money or whatever drew him there. What I take issue with is how did it with absolutely no class. After how all of those before him treated him, you would think he would have shown some decorum, respect and appreciation for the opportunity he was given by the University. AND, let's not bullshit each other, actively recruiting players off of OU's roster is about as low as you can go. There's no dancing around it---he did it and EVERYONE knows he did it (including people at usc) The dude has no character, end of story.

You know, I've got no issue with him leaving to pursue other interests, houses, money or whatever drew him there. What I take issue with is how did it with absolutely no class. After how all of those before him treated him, you would think he would have shown some decorum, respect and appreciation for the opportunity he was given by the University. AND, let's not bullshit each other, actively recruiting players off of OU's roster is about as low as you can go. There's no dancing around it---he did it and EVERYONE knows he did it (including people at usc) The dude has no character, end of story.
Classless world ain't it?

Reactions: howardlorey
It ain't rocket science. I sleep better at night knowing we've the kind of coach that wrestles the bull by the horns. A coach with a sack. Brent is that man. 😁
I wrote Joe C a letter several months before Riley slipped out of town under the cover of darkness. Even though we were winning ball games, the team started to look more and more like the old team from Lubbock. I had some inside information that Joe C had turned down Riley for his wants. I think, from what I was hearing at the time, folks were worried that OU with its current defensive talent would not be able to compete with the big dawgs in the SEC. Furthermore, I don't think that Joe C ever thought that Riley would leave OU with the intent of hurting the future team, as Riley did. Riley may be in for a surprise when he hits the Big 10 as those folks won't put up with his crappy performance.

He also moved to Cali for great USC weather. USC will get to play a couple of games a year in the midwest with temps a little colder than what he's accustomed to. Even in Lubbock.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT