ADVERTISEMENT

Baker Mayfield on Youtube (2013) check for Yourself!? Heres some stats

ronquxiote

OU scholarship offer
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
Mayfield entered the Kansas State game with 5 minutes remaining in the first half, and finished the game (one half)., He completed 34 out of 44 passes for 276 yards, ran for a touchdown (4 yards), under a strong rush. In fact K-State corralled Him five times for 30 yards in losses, yet he still was credited with 29 yards rushing! after deducting sack losses ,totals 59 yards! Of the 2 interceptions, one was a last second "Hail Mary", certainly not to be counted against His accuracy! OH, by the way, the other pick should have been a 35 yard completion that was muffed into a defenders hands.(start watching after halftime)
The following game against the other two of the big 12s best Ds, Were Baylor and UT! Against Baylor, He started, and passed for 314 yds on 28 of 51, But only could manage four (4) Touchdown passes against 1 ONE BIG pick.! That MUST somehow be bad, but I just can't see how?? Game will definitely surprise some of the more vocal detractors .
Next game was the against "Wimpy Ds" of UT....Yep!! Baker WAS sacked 9(nine) times, and maltreated by the Horns, amounting for 59 yards in losses, BUT believe it or not, He still had 3 three plus yards rushing! Simply means He rushed for 62 (sixty two) yards on the BEST D in the Big 12... I'll admit that 24 of 44 for 237 yards just ain't great, but I seem to remember numbers much worse in the last two years. Actually offenses He guided averaged 25 points per contest feasting on patsies like KS (half game), UT and Baylor???

Since some think He only faced "Sisters of the Poor", Check Techs games with K-State and Baylor as Youtube provides only "Highlights"of the TT vs UT game... Decide for Yourselves jes how good (or Bad) be Mr Mayfield.... These were season ending games in 2013, his "True Freshman" Year,, and perhaps close to what We might see in 2015. As O'Reilly always says, "Show Me where I;m wrong".
These are facts, not uninformed wishes!? I still hope Hansen shows up BIG!!, just being fair to Baker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News