ADVERTISEMENT

Back in the Big XII

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
Arena football has returned. Mike has seen this rodeo for years and STILL has no clue. What failed in the past is still failing in the present. Rookie QB's sit back and play pitch and catch all day.

It's on Kyler's shoulders as it was on Baker's. Hope those shoulders are broad enough.

Arena football has returned. Mike has seen this rodeo for years and STILL has no clue. What failed in the past is still failing in the present. Rookie QB's sit back and play pitch and catch all day.

It's on Kyler's shoulders as it was on Baker's. Hope those shoulders are broad enough.

I thought the scheme was great. The front 4 was solid all game and when we brought 5, we almost always rushed the play, got pressure on the QB. Except when Bolton was the 5th, I think he missed every tackle in the backfield.

Poor tackling was the biggest issue, weak over the top help and WAY to many shoulder tackles misses, by the DB's. They need to wrap up and use their arms. But poor tackling was the biggest issue and Bolton, I think missed the most. At least 10 and I can think of 5 he missed in the backfield.

I thought the scheme was great. The front 4 was solid all game and when we brought 5, we almost always rushed the play, got pressure on the QB. Except when Bolton was the 5th, I think he missed every tackle in the backfield.

Poor tackling was the biggest issue, weak over the top help and WAY to many shoulder tackles misses, by the DB's. They need to wrap up and use their arms. But poor tackling was the biggest issue and Bolton, I think missed the most. At least 10 and I can think of 5 he missed in the backfield.
The entire D was guilty of poor tackling and their OL owned our DL. Montgomery had little pushback up the middle and easily captured the corners on his runs. He was stiff arming with pretty good success too as he fought for extra yardage. Their QB had all the time in the world to throw and was so comfortable in the pocket. Amazing how competitive the opponent can be when not pressured and is allowed to settle into a routine.

Not to call out any D particularly, but Motley deserved an outright replacement. Could have sold half the team tickets too. We played the Clones for god sakes...a 2 player offense !!

Where was Parker, I know he made the switch to safety, but at that point Motley needed to be replaced.

The entire D was guilty of poor tackling and their OL owned our DL. Montgomery had little pushback up the middle and easily captured the corners on his runs. He was stiff arming with pretty good success too as he fought for extra yardage. Their QB had all the time in the world to throw and was so comfortable in the pocket. Amazing how competitive the opponent can be when not pressured and is allowed to settle into a routine.
Yeah I hear what you're say isu holding plus tackling sucked.

Reactions: iasooner1
We beat them by 10 on their field...lost by 7 on our field...17 point swing with younger D. Except for overall tackling and P-Mot biting on the out and up the D was pretty good ( held them to 87 rushing yards). Key play in the game...Calcaterra's fumble...14 point swing. We score on that possession and the game turns out more in our favor. Murray actually played better vs this D scheme than Mayfield. His accuracy on short throws best yet this year. Cyclones negated our kick return game but Siefert was money on kickoffs, punts, and FG's. When this game gets evaluated it will look better than it does now. Still too many penalties. The Big 12 is better than it looked to start the year. I like where we are.

Reactions: JConXtsy
After watching Texas play last night, I see the OU game with them being a close game....again....regardless of how the Horns do against TCU and Kansas State before the RRR Shootout. And it will take the winning team scoring 40-plus points to win.

Let’s compare and contrast QBs the next 3 games...since we have to deal with Jack In Box’s scheme struggles yet again (sigh).

Army 2-1 (Duke, Liberty, Hawaii)
Kevin Hopkins Jr.
Passing 18/38 420yds 2 TD 0 INT
Rushing 48/206 yds 3 TD

Baylor 2-1 (Abilene Christian. UTSA, Duke)
Charlie Brewer
Passing 35/641 3TD 1 INT
Rushing 17/88 2 TD

Shorthorns 2-1 (Maryland, Tulsa, USC)
Sam Ehlinger
Passing 57/722 6 TD 2 INT
Rushing 36/127 2 TD

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT