ADVERTISEMENT

aTm ruined the Big 12...per San Antonio columnist...

That's an interesting article. Losing aTm did hurt the conference, but so did losing Mizzou, Colorado and Nebraska. The Big 12 lost the race of expansion to the SEC, Big 10 and Pac 10. It's my opinion that OU needs to get out of this conference as soon as possible. There are no real good schools left for expansion of the Big 12.

Reactions: JConXtsy and CTOkie
All other conferences at that time were expanding while the Big XII reduced it's size. This conference right now is a huge steaming pile of garbage even when trying to agree on expansion. The Big XII is going to go up in flames it's just a matter of time. OU needs to hit the eject button!!!!

I agree with everything you said. Hopefully OU can find a new home within the next two years.

This article is more about how well A&M has done since leaving hte B12 and how recruiting for the B12 schools has taken a hit, which is true.

To me, the "true traitors" were Mizzou and Nebraska, who bolted first to weaken the conference. Then add texas's stubborness and arrogance to the mix, which forced A&M's hand and opened the door for them to leave for the SEC. So, my heartburn is more with Mizzou, Nebraska and texas than with A&M. A&M certainly played a role in the weakening of the B12, but one can hardly blame them when the money came calling and they had grown tired of being "the other school" in the state of texas.

Reactions: Oklabama
This article is more about how well A&M has done since leaving hte B12 and how recruiting for the B12 schools has taken a hit, which is true.

To me, the "true traitors" were Mizzou and Nebraska, who bolted first to weaken the conference. Then add texas's stubborness and arrogance to the mix, which forced A&M's hand and opened the door for them to leave for the SEC. So, my heartburn is more with Mizzou, Nebraska and texas than with A&M. A&M certainly played a role in the weakening of the B12, but one can hardly blame them when the money came calling and they had grown tired of being "the other school" in the state of texas.

Nebraska and Colorado bolted first. Mizzou went with aTm later, not that it matters. The Big 8 screwed up in allowing the few SWC teams to dictate terms... texASS shouldn't be dictating to anyone. Let them take their ball and go home...

A&M leaving has had the most negative effect on the Big 12 for one reason....
it gave the SEC a Texas footprint. Nobody is worried about the SEC recruiting Nebraska.

Excellent point. The top SEC schools were already recruiting Texas, but now most do.

To me, the "true traitors" were Mizzou and Nebraska, who bolted first to weaken the conference. Then add texas's stubborness and arrogance to the mix, which forced A&M's hand and opened the door for them to leave for the SEC. So, my heartburn is more with Mizzou, Nebraska and texas than with A&M.

LOL at you. You can't even get the realignment timeline correct. NU was first. Then CU. Then aTm. Mizzou was the very last one. So your "heartburn" should really be with NU and CU. And then Texas for getting that stupid LHN, which finally pushed out aTm. That gave the SEC a doorway into the most populous Big 12 state. Then they went and got the second most populous state in the conference, Missouri.

LOL at you. You can't even get the realignment timeline correct. NU was first. Then CU. Then aTm. Mizzou was the very last one. So your "heartburn" should really be with NU and CU. And then Texas for getting that stupid LHN, which finally pushed out aTm. That gave the SEC a doorway into the most populous Big 12 state. Then they went and got the second most populous state in the conference, Missouri.

Your name should be Miss Missouri...

Reactions: JConXtsy
OU and OSU need to jump ship leave the Big 12 to Texas. Let them sign Rice, SMU, Houston, UTEP, North Texas and Sam Houston State then they can change the name to the Big Texas Conference and the Longhorns can beat up on their little instate brothers and actually run off a string of Conference Championships. But UT will still suckass!

Actually.... you're wrong CU left a day before NU..... but no one really cared what CU did.

The sec has always had its eye on the state of texas and still does. They would have probably preferred texas over the aggies but they got at least one of them and got their foot in the door of the state. Bama is playing games in Jerry World now and Arkie was playing aTm there before the aggies left the lil 12. Arkies AD wants to play OU in Houston but I have not heard OU make any announcements about it. Alabama playing in Jerry World seems to draw huge crowds in Texas. Would OU playing lets say Florida State, USC, Michigan, or any other non sec team in Atlanta (sec) country sellout? If the sec is moving in on lil 12-2 territory why not do the same?

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
If the sec really wants to seal up recruiting in Texas, then all they would need to do is bring in Houston. With a&m and houston, they would dominate Texas recruiting and they are almost there with just a&m. Want the Dallas market as well, bring smu along for the ride. Would serve the big xii right deciding not to expand. Boren best be getting his invite to the big10 or sec in order.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT