ADVERTISEMENT

At Vandy it's 15 years, at Baylor it's 6 months

Aug 1, 2001
http://espn.go.com/college-football...layer-cory-batey-sentenced-15-years-dorm-rape

Cory Batey sentenced to 15 years for dorm rape
11:37 AM CT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- A former Vanderbilt football player has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for raping an unconscious female student.

A criminal judge handed down the sentence for Cory Batey on Friday after the victim said her life was shattered as a result of the rape.

The woman was a neuroscience and economics major when she was assaulted in a dorm on the Nashville campus in June 2013. Four former football players were charged.

The sentencing comes amid widespread furor over a Stanford swimmer who was sentenced to six months in jail for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on a college campus.

Batey was convicted in April of aggravated rape, which carries a sentence of 15 to 25 years. Prosecutors asked for the maximum, saying the punishment would send a message about campus rapes.

Reactions: garry_owen
...and Baylor comes into your story, Where?
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...hu-guilty-of-sexual-assault-sentenced-friday/

Baylor wasn't mentioned in that particular article, but I was referring to this:

Friday, Aug 21, 2015
On Friday, Sam Ukwuachu was sentenced to 10 years of felony probation and placed in the county jail for 180 days. He will also have to serve 400 hours of community service. Ukwuachu was facing up to 20 years in prison.

Ukwuachu was indicted on two felony charges of sexual assault in June 2014 for the incident where according to the victim's report, as obtained by the Texas Monthly, he took the woman to his apartment and allegedly forced himself on her despite her repeatedly telling him to stop.

“He was using all of his strength to pull up my dress and do stuff to me,” she said. “He had me on my stomach on the bed, and he was on top of me.” Doe testified that he pulled her dress up, pulled her underwear to the side, and forced her legs open with his toes, her head pressed between his bed and his desk, then forced himself inside of her. Doe was a virgin at the time.

They can call is sexual assault all they want, but it was rape.

Two different states and different counties. I'm going to assume that each case the state or county have different sentencing guidelines?? Or even if they are the same, you are looking at two different judges on each case. If the were both being sentenced in the same court by the same judge, then you may have something to complain about.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
OK...I couldn't make the connection between Vandy and Stanford, which wasn't mentioned in the article, but was used in the Headline. I see, now, that you've edited the Headline to read Vandy and Baylor, and now, I get it! Thanks!

Two different states and different counties. I'm going to assume that each case the state or county have different sentencing guidelines?? Or even if they are the same, you are looking at two different judges on each case. If the were both being sentenced in the same court by the same judge, then you may have something to complain about.
Ukwuachu was found guilty and facing up to 20 years. He got 180 days, less than a slap on the wrist. I would bet there are people in the same county that weren't affiliated with Baylor athletics that are serving longer sentences for lesser crimes.

Ukwuachu was found guilty and facing up to 20 years. He got 180 days, less than a slap on the wrist. I would bet there are people in the same county that weren't affiliated with Baylor athletics that are serving longer sentences for lesser crimes.
Prolly so, and I'm sure there are examples that got a very similar sentence that he got as well.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Prolly so, and I'm sure there are examples that got a very similar sentence that he got as well.

I'd like to see even a little evidence of one on this level of rape. Dude was protected on all fronts and his sentence reflected it especially after he had a history of violence toward women at a previous school that the coaching staff even lied about the review they got from a previous coaching staff.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT