ADVERTISEMENT

Art Briles on field today in OU gear?

Yal might as well burn your Barry Switzer gear too. He led a criminal organization here on our fkn campus and yal act like he's God. Get the fk outta here with your pearl clutching. Our program has has a shit rep since him. Charles Thompson on newspaper covers being led out in cuffs. Miss me with all that art briles bullshit. Let the man live his life and have a damn evening out with family. Yal Mfrs are the reason people hate the program. That why your the joke of the fkn internet. Irony at its finest. Ignore everything that has gone to shit about ou. It's WOKEU now.

• Haha
Reactions: 22LR
Yal might as well burn your Barry Switzer gear too. He led a criminal organization here on our fkn campus and yal act like he's God. Get the fk outta here with your pearl clutching. Our program has has a shit rep since him. Charles Thompson on newspaper covers being led out in cuffs. Miss me with all that art briles bullshit. Let the man live his life and have a damn evening out with family. Yal Mfrs are the reason people hate the program. That why your the joke of the fkn internet. Irony at its finest. Ignore everything that has gone to shit about ou. It's WOKEU now.

Not on the sidelines. He can sit in the stands. Brent is trying to build it the right way.

Makes no sense to me. How did BV not know? One would think Lebby would have at least asked him if it was ok. Just all around strange.
Who gives a flying **** if Art Briles is on how field? Lebby and him are family. Get over it people. It’s some damn petty it’s embarrassing to hear people being shit like this up.

Who gives a flying **** if Art Briles is on how field? Lebby and him are family. Get over it people. It’s some damn petty it’s embarrassing to hear people being shit like this up.

First of all, good lord. I really hope you were still drunk when you posted that.

Secondly, people are rightfully disgusted by his presence. Like I said to the other inbreeder, he can sit in the stands.

Bryles was on the field with his daughter and grandkids after the game. Bryles was due to speak to our high school but due to some health issues, he could not (possible throat cancer I believe). OU hired his son-in-law, they would have to think at some point in time Art would be an issue. Art was being a dad and a granddad supporting his son-in-law I have no issue with him being on the sideline with them.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Bryles was on the field with his daughter and grandkids after the game. Bryles was due to speak to our high school but due to some health issues, he could not (possible throat cancer I believe). OU hired his son-in-law, they would have to think at some point in time Art would be an issue. Art was being a dad and a granddad supporting his son-in-law I have no issue with him being on the sideline with them.

I think Art and Lebby should both grasp the nature of his presence. He's father in law to Lebby but he's not Oklahoma and it's not Lebby's program or reputation on the line. He can afford tickets and support from the stands, which he may have.

It’s not Lebby’s, Art’s, or any fans decision if this was right or wrong. This would be Brent’s and Joes’ decision to make. I recall after Briles Baylor game in Norman, people wanted his head. That thug Oakman and his antics doomed him…so be it.

Joe C after the game said this situation had been dealt with, with the staff and seemed VERY unhappy that it happened. Lebby said after the game three times in his post game presser that, "He's my father-in-law and my children's grandfather. " That may be the case, but Briles, as good an onfield coach as he was, should not have a sideline pass to any OU event.

Lebby has a fine tightrope to walk. But it sounded from Joe C that he was specifically told not to do that. I think there is a very good chance that if he repeats that, it will make it very difficult to ever have the HC job he covets. The university world has made it pretty clear that Briles is toxic and his coaching in college will never happen.

Joe C after the game said this situation had been dealt with, with the staff and seemed VERY unhappy that it happened. Lebby said after the game three times in his post game presser that, "He's my father-in-law and my children's grandfather. " That may be the case, but Briles, as good an onfield coach as he was, should not have a sideline pass to any OU event.

Lebby has a fine tightrope to walk. But it sounded from Joe C that he was specifically told not to do that. I think there is a very good chance that if he repeats that, it will make it very difficult to ever have the HC job he covets. The university world has made it pretty clear that Briles is toxic and his coaching in college will never happen.

I wonder what would happen if Dabo Swinney wanted to bring his pedophile brother Henry onto the field after the game and said something like "He's my brother, and he was on the field with the rest of my family." Somehow, I don't think that would be received too warmly either.

I wonder what would happen if Dabo Swinney wanted to bring his pedophile brother Henry onto the field after the game and said something like "He's my brother, and he was on the field with the rest of my family." Somehow, I don't think that would be received too warmly.
Well this is news to me.

I think some people are missing the point. Its a bad look for OU and a PR Nightmare. You know the media will blow it up and already has on Social Media. Recruits see it, their Parents see it and opposing Coaches see it as a way to use it as a tool to get a Recruit to come play for them instead of OU. Add in the most important part that BV and Joe didn't know it was going to happen and that is even more troublesome. BV was left out to dry and only found out about it right before his presser. Crappy way to do your boss imo. I am sure BV wasn't too happy about being hit with that right before his presser.

I could care less who anyone's father-in-law is.

As for Lebby, I just want him dragged behind the Schooner for his play-calling, especially in the 3rd quarter where it was a short game going nowhere.

The guy needs to identify his weaknesses from the previous year and fix them. Last year this was arguably one his worse deficiencies: #112 on 4th down conversion in 2022
(49th on 3rd down - so merely mediocre)

Only 3 fourth down tries this year, but to trot out true fresh Jackson Arnold TWICE on 4th down - as if he's the Belldozer or Hurts - for obvious QB sneaks/wildcats...well, is anyone surprised the 2nd telegraphed one got stuffed?

I didn’t understand either attempt, throw deep and don’t let the future star get injured.
Lebby is too heavy to be on thin ice; the rest of the year better be flawless

Last edited:
It’s not Lebby’s, Art’s, or any fans decision if this was right or wrong. This would be Brent’s and Joes’ decision to make. I recall after Briles Baylor game in Norman, people wanted his head. That thug Oakman and his antics doomed him…so be it.
Brings back memories of another Baylor coach who preferred thugs. He used to coach basketball for OUr Sooners. Tried to cover up murder while at baylor. Dave Bliss ring a bell?

He was not exonerated by those who hire college coaches. And expecially who know what was going on with his players and female students at the school. It was despicable. Don't you think Baylor would have kept him if they could?

Reactions: OUSOONER67
He was not exonerated by those who hire college coaches. And expecially who know what was going on with his players and female students at the school. It was despicable. Don't you think Baylor would have kept him if they could?
Then there's Kenneth Starr.

If you heard local sports journalists in Texas, especially Houston, Dallas and those in Waco who found out what was going on, you wouldn't be silly enough to blame Ken Starr for Briles being blamed. Now if you wanted to diss the late Ken Starr for covering it up while it was going on and Baylor was winning converence titles, then you might have a case.

I'd be surprised if this deal doesn't linger long enough to have a negative impact for a couple of weeks. Joe's statement was pretty clear that this wasn't supposed to happen and it seems he was pointing his finger directly in Lebby's direction. "It shouldn't have happened and was my expectation it never would, based on the boundaries we previously set."

You're right, that's a small thing. Lebby sucks because he put Jackson Arnold in in the Belldozer stupid ass Play after play and set Arnold up for failure or even worse, injury. Lebby is a shit@y play caller! If he's not a Complete idiot, parts of him may be missing.

I wonder what would happen if Dabo Swinney wanted to bring his pedophile brother Henry onto the field after the game and said something like "He's my brother, and he was on the field with the rest of my family." Somehow, I don't think that would be received too warmly either.
Are you equating pedophilia to sports cheating? Ha.

I'd be surprised if this deal doesn't linger long enough to have a negative impact for a couple of weeks. Joe's statement was pretty clear that this wasn't supposed to happen and it seems he was pointing his finger directly in Lebby's direction. "It shouldn't have happened and was my expectation it never would, based on the boundaries we previously set."
If Art could run a 10 second 100 and had eligibility, he'd be suspended for the first series and forgiven for his sins.

If Art handed Joey a check, he'd be standing with Toby and the boys.

Joey wants to be righteous and keep everyone off the field who's committed a crime, even an alleged crime.... (since guilty until proven innocent IS now the law of the land).....he'd be mighty lonely out there. That's if he'd even be allowed on the field. I seriously doubt it.

That said, I'm a 100% for keeping ALL "convicted" criminals off the field. No exceptions! (Except of course one....no, two... 1 Redemption is always allotted to the woke or woke adjacent. 2 Enter the country illegally, you must be allowed access to the field. Those exceptions supercedes all crimes.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT