ADVERTISEMENT

Are we taking a LB in this class?

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
Browsing the offers at ILB and OLB I don't see anyone strongly leaning our way (most of the top targets are committed elsewhere) and none of the the DB commits are large enough to spin down. It just strikes me as odd that we're headed towards signing no one at this spot. Or is that because of all of the transfers this past year? And I suppose that's always an option - transfers - when you whiff at a certain position in any given year.

Oklahoma has gotten several great linebackers in the last 2 classes so it may be that they are prioritizing other positions and will fill out what they want through the portal as they see what these young guys become.

Reactions: kcstorm06
Oklahoma has gotten several great linebackers in the last 2 classes so it may be that they are prioritizing other positions and will fill out what they want through the portal as they see what these young guys become.
Yes heard youngsters McKenzie and Lewis are coming on strong…Kanek and Stutsman the likely starters.

Reactions: iasooner2000
We seem to miss out on too many good Defensive Players and I think its from OU having terrible Defenses for yrs even when Brent was DC. Players want to go where they have the best chance to shine and go to the NFL, Defensive Players see that route at OU is more difficult than at other Schools right now. Who can blame them? Be the Standard and it might change some minds. Until then we will miss out on a lot of D Studs.

It's a wildly stacked, young roster already. If none of these guys can step up, then we're probably looking at the Portal to beef up the LB squad next year, not more freshmen. We probably redshirt a number of the freshmen this year to keep the seniority distributed.

Senior
Konnor Near

Junior
Shane Whitter
Danny Stutsman

Sophomore
Dasan McCullough
Jaren Kanak
Owen Heinecke

Freshman
River Faulkner
Kip Lewis
Kobie McKinzie
Taylor Heim
Lewis Carter
Samuel Omosigho
Phil Picciotti
Reed DeQuasie
Kyle Carlson

We have Nesta in the class and Parker has said that if they don’t land Platt (not likely) then they would be fine taking one bc they feel they have good depth there already. Plus to 2025 class is strong at the position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT