ADVERTISEMENT

Approaching 20,000 posts

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
I'm hoping to cross over into the posting stratosphere this week. So, if I post or respond with some lame comments, it's only because I'm trying to pad my post count. Please bear with me. But, if I dont make it to 20K Saturday, I would like to remind everyone ahead of time that texas sucks. And as my old high school buddy iasooner1 said, "Texas's suckage is legendary and eternal." That is all. ;)

Congrats, S-man. If you want to talk about the Braves to up your post count, I'm in.

Reactions: JConXtsy
Congrats, S-man. If you want to talk about the Braves to up your post count, I'm in.

I'm on board with giving the manager's job to Snitker. He's done an outstanding job, especially since the All-Star break. The trade for Kemp was huge, Swanson has played very well and they won the five last series in a row and knocked a decent Detroit Tigers squad out of the Wild Card running in the AL. I say he deserves the chance.

I'm on board with giving the manager's job to Snitker. He's done an outstanding job, especially since the All-Star break. The trade for Kemp was huge, Swanson has played very well and they won the five last series in a row and knocked a decent Detroit Tigers squad out of the Wild Card running in the AL. I say he deserves the chance.

I agree. He deserves the chance to manage games that actually mean something because he's proven he can play the role of a spoiler pretty well.

Other than being mauled by the Nats, Atlanta carved out a winning record against everyone else in an admittedly weak division. Swanson, Inciarte, and Freeman are a solid nucleus around which the team can build. The "elephant in the room" is the starting pitching. We have a #1 (Teheran) who'd be a two or three on a contending staff and a couple of other guys who are wildly inconsistent in Folty and Wisler. Until the Braves fill some holes in the starting rotation, any chance of being a legit contender are still pretty far fetched IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT