ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies ahead of time

ShamWowed

Walk-on candidate
Sep 13, 2017
Ladies and Gents,

I want to formally apologize to you all for the potential catastrophic game this weekend with UCF. When I attend a game, I cause a ~50% loss rate. My most recent game attended where we lost was the Rose Bowl against Georgia. I usually don't believe in superstition but I think the forces that be are trying to tell me something. So, with much trepidation, I am guessing this is the most winnable game left on our schedule and I will attend with the wife.

Last edited:
May the Heavens be with you. The tides are turning for you.

I was at that Rose Bowl, btw. What a game. Interesting note about that game, I saw Jay Norvell in the breezeway shortly after the game started. I think he had just recently vacated his Oklahoma position. He seemed surprised when I recognized him and said hi. I had forgotten about him until Neon Deion played CSU earlier this year.

The curse continues.... I heard the UCF starting QB is back for this game. He can run and throw. Their team has been lifting weights as well. Halloween may be coming early.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Sham do us all a favor and have your spouse or kids kick you (gently) in the nuts ahead of the game or see a shaman about lifting the curse
TIA
To be fair to the population, we did not have kids. I would have had the anti-christ. But yeah, this could get ugly. My last loss was the Rose bowl as previously mentioned. I attended the Alamo Bowl where we won and then our star QB kissed us goodbye. So even in a win, its a loss.

To be fair to the population, we did not have kids. I would have had the anti-christ. But yeah, this could get ugly. My last loss was the Rose bowl as previously mentioned. I attended the Alamo Bowl where we won and then our star QB kissed us goodbye. So even in a win, its a loss.

Could it be because of TBOW? Maybe he was the curse. If your last loss was the Rose Bowl that was when TBOW was here. See we won the Alamo Bowl after TBOW blessed us with his departure and Bob got the Bowl Win.
So I am gonna say since TBOW is gone your curse is now lifted just as all of ours is. That curse currently resides in LA.
Its all about the B's man,! Bitches not included as in TBOW. 😁

Could it be because of TBOW? Maybe he was the curse. If your last loss was the Rose Bowl that was when TBOW was here. See we won the Alamo Bowl after TBOW blessed us with his departure and Bob got the Bowl Win.
So I am gonna say since TBOW is gone your curse is now lifted just as all of ours is. That curse currently resides in LA.
Its all about the B's man,! Bitches not included as in TBOW. 😁
67 don't go throwing logic into this discussion.
Seriously though, I witnessed the home opener with Paul Thompson lose to TCU. So, this predates TBOW a bit.

Correction: IF the ‘curse’ rears an ugly head tomorrow, please accept previous suggestion for consequences retroactively from us all

Bye week blues rears it’s ugly head. Everybody rusted a bit but the Sooners prevail. OU by 23

Two weeks to prepare for the knights running game. This game will be telling for OUr defense. Ain't worried one bit about OUr offense.
Well, we are dam lucky to say the least. I expected the game to go this way…..but I also expected the rust to be gone by the 4th.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
When your best running back is suspended from the game, a game after you lose your best receiver, there is going to be an impact. With all that went on for three quarters, I didn't expect us to pull it out. I thought the key was in the fourth, Sawchuck gave us a glimpe about what we expected when we saw him against FSU in the bowl game. He was dynamic in the 4th. And when he got going, so did Major. I thought Byrd started to give us some help in the fourth also.

All I can say is that I have flushed things better than what I witnessed Saturday. I have no plans to attend another game this year, as of now. So, you cannot blame me for future implosions.

That said, the good guys won here in the Midwest and the bad guys got beat in the West West.

When your best running back is suspended from the game, a game after you lose your best receiver, there is going to be an impact. With all that went on for three quarters, I didn't expect us to pull it out. I thought the key was in the fourth, Sawchuck gave us a glimpe about what we expected when we saw him against FSU in the bowl game. He was dynamic in the 4th. And when he got going, so did Major. I thought Byrd started to give us some help in the fourth also.

Brent mentioned in his post game presser that guys need to run through some trash and not let an arm tackle bring you down. I think he is as frustrated with the RB situation as we are.

Sham I was loading up the car to head South to take care of the punishment myself but thankfully, the curse has been lifted and you are free of it. Thank the Almighty free at last !

Brent mentioned in his post game presser that guys need to run through some trash and not let an arm tackle bring you down. I think he is as frustrated with the RB situation as we are.
And so far this season, who's the one running back who breaks tackles consistently? 29

All I can say is that I have flushed things better than what I witnessed Saturday. I have no plans to attend another game this year, as of now. So, you cannot blame me for future implosions.

That said, the good guys won here in the Midwest and the bad guys got beat in the West West.
Can you attend Texas games?

I feel like we can put together a fund to cover your travel expenses.

Reactions: ShamWowed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT