ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone surprised?

Better than I thought I can see us being #12-15 when the playoff rankings come out Tuesday.

Committee will keep us at 10. I believe. Hard to say we deserve it though. Losing to Kansas hurts BIGTIME.

I think OU will be somewhere around 10. I believe the Texas win will keep them around that mark. The KU loss isn’t as bad as we all see it as evident by the recent coaches and AP poll. Had KU been the KU of old and we lost then OU would have taken a big drop.

In the end I dont think it will matter after this next weekend because unless this team plays better than they have the last two weeks they wont leave Stillwater with a W.

I would say around 10 is about right. Something has happened to this team after the Texas game but hey a 10 - 2 year is acceptable this season correct? Even with a weak schedule

Reactions: iasooner2000
Something has happened to this team after the Texas game

The players like a lot of fans started to believe they were a lot better than they actually are. Rat Poison.
OU also became the hunted again after the texass win, they can't handle it.

nick-saban-saban.gif

I never give up on the Sooners, but to see them ranked in the top 10 is kind of embarrassing. I don’t even want to see them ranked this week. I propose that the AP poll should work something like this. It would no longer be "The AP Top 25". It's now "The AP Best Teams" of an ever-shrinking list. As long as you stay undefeated, you are eligible to be ranked. If your team loses, you’re kicked out of the polls until the next week. If you win next week, we’ll vote to put you somewhere on the list. If you lose again, you’re still not a “best team”. If your losses mount, you won’t be ranked for the rest of the season, so shut up and get better.

I wrote that in a FB group.

All polls are opinions just like the CFP is. Think about this, in this age we are in, if your not in the top 4 the rest really means nothing except maybe for recruiting purposes and fan bragging. Name brand is a big influence with the voters.

There isnt a whole lot separation from teams ranked 10 to 30 anyway. The biggest problem with CFB is we dont see enough matchups from the supposed big boys in the polls in OOC play.

I never give up on the Sooners, but to see them ranked in the top 10 is kind of embarrassing. I don’t even want to see them ranked this week. I propose that the AP poll should work something like this. It would no longer be "The AP Top 25". It's now "The AP Best Teams" of an ever-shrinking list. As long as you stay undefeated, you are eligible to be ranked. If your team loses, you’re kicked out of the polls until the next week. If you win next week, we’ll vote to put you somewhere on the list. If you lose again, you’re still not a “best team”. If your losses mount, you won’t be ranked for the rest of the season, so shut up and get better.

Do you feel better that the Coaches Poll has us at 11, just behind Ole Miss and just head of the two loss Domers?

A few more games like KU and we won't have to worry about being in a poll. Might cost us some recruits as well. Oklahoma please remove heads from asses. Thanks!

Reactions: iasooner2000
A few more games like KU and we won't have to worry about being in a poll. Might cost us some recruits as well. Oklahoma please remove heads from asses. Thanks!
We don’t need to worry about polls now, IMO. A one loss B12 team doesn’t have much of a chance of making the playoffs, and if that happened, the chance of winning one game would be remote.

We don’t need to worry about polls now, IMO. A one loss B12 team doesn’t have much of a chance of making the playoffs, and if that happened, the chance of winning one game would be remote.

Yep just keep working and all that other stuff takes care of itself.
May have been what this team needed, a little humility may just give them that edge they need to finish strong. Hoping so anyway. Lots of teams would love to be 7-1 right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT