ADVERTISEMENT

And another one bites the dust...

Michiah Quick due back for Bedlam after his sprained MCL dismissed from program for violating team rules.

http://oklahoma.247sports.com/Bolt/Michiah-Quick-no-longer-with-Sooners-49360814
Too many kids go to college for the wrong reason. The NFL is looking at a developmental league. I am not sure if it would apply to kids coming out of high school but maybe it could develop into a situation where "athletes" will have the opportunity to go to "football trade school". Colleges/universities should focus on education. NFL should focus on sticking it to the tax payers to pay for the stadiums, charging outrageous pricing for their products and allowing their employees the opportunity to protest making so little money in this "awful" country.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...proposals-for-a-developmental-league-in-2017/
I just realized, I have my own education issues -- I have had Texans season tickets since day one. Not a very good investment.

Last edited:
Too many kids go to college for the wrong reason. The NFL is looking at a developmental league. I am not sure if it would apply to kids coming out of high school but maybe it could develop into a situation where "athletes" will have the opportunity to go to "football trade school". Colleges/universities should focus on education. NFL should focus on sticking it to the tax payers to pay for the stadiums, charging outrageous pricing for their products and allowing their employees the opportunity to protest making so little money in this "awful" country.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...proposals-for-a-developmental-league-in-2017/
I just realized, I have my own education issues -- I have had Texans season tickets since day one. Not a very good investment.

Do you get an option for SB tix this year?

Speaking of recruits, anyone see Baylor's 2017 recruiting class so far?
Their fans seem to think their $8!+ don't stink, but I guess that hasn't helped their recruiting affairs.

They have one recruit, a 3-star.

https://baylor.rivals.com/commitments/football/2017
Prolly has alot to do with nobody knows what will happen with the coaching staff. If the current staff pretty much knows they are done after the season, then I wonder if they are really putting any time/effort into recruiting at all??

Prolly has alot to do with nobody knows what will happen with the coaching staff. If the current staff pretty much knows they are done after the season, then I wonder if they are really putting any time/effort into recruiting at all??

Whoever takes on the Baylor job should get more than five years to clean up this mess and build a program because Baylor isn't likely to have much of program left after this season.

Reactions: iasooner1

Of course it does, but I think this is unprecedented regardless of that situation. You're telling me there aren't any more recruits that want to go to Baylor regardless of coaching staff? If the coaching staff simply isn't handing out offers, does the AD step in and start to at least doll out some offers to local kids? That's insane. But funny.

Of course it does, but I think this is unprecedented regardless of that situation. You're telling me there aren't any more recruits that want to go to Baylor regardless of coaching staff? If the coaching staff simply isn't handing out offers, does the AD step in and start to at least doll out some offers to local kids? That's insane. But funny.

JCon, good point. Who are the guys that you think Baylor will go after and who may actually be interested in that job? I'm thinking someone with no head coaching experience.

Any quality talent isn't going to just make a commitment to a Baylor program when it's future is so uncertain. Now there may be plenty of kids out there that would like to choose Baylor, but are still undecided and are simply waiting to see who is hired at Baylor before making their decisions. I mean Baylor isn't a Oklahoma or any kind of blue-blood program here that kids grow up wanting to play for almost regardless of who the coach is at the time of their decision.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Any quality talent isn't going to just make a commitment to a Baylor program when it's future is so uncertain. Now there may be plenty of kids out there that would like to choose Baylor, but are still undecided and are simply waiting to see who is hired at Baylor before making their decisions. I mean Baylor isn't a Oklahoma or any kind of blue-blood program here that kids grow up wanting to play for almost regardless of who the coach is at the time of their decision.

Baylor has been up for 6 years now, 7 if you include their 7-6 winning season in 2010. That puts recruits back to grade school before they can remember Baylor being a doormat.

With increasing parity, just the sight of being able to start for a Big XII team should be incentive enough without knowledge of coaching staff.

According to 247, there are 259 Texas recruits 3-star and above.

OU, TX, Tech, aTm, Baylor, Houston - They could all have 25 Texas recruits every year with all of them being 3-star and above, and there'd still be 100+ recruits on the board with talent.

Everyone on this list are head coaches:
Philip Montgomery - Tulsa
Sonny Dykes - Cal Berkeley
Mike MacIntyre - Colorado
Larry Fedora - North Carolina

http://247sports.com/Article/Baylor...rch-Larry-Fedora-Mike-McIntyre-enter-49362625

Montgomery would go back maybe. Tulsa is a jump to another school job. I wouldn't think going to Baylor at this time would be that much of a step up from either Colorado or North Carolina. Sonny Dykes would probably like to get back home. Good info. Thanks for the link.

Baylor has been up for 6 years now, 7 if you include their 7-6 winning season in 2010. That puts recruits back to grade school before they can remember Baylor being a doormat.

With increasing parity, just the sight of being able to start for a Big XII team should be incentive enough without knowledge of coaching staff.
You can believe what you want to believe. I have no doubt there are kids out there who want to go to Baylor no matter what. But are they highly sought after kids? I highly doubt it. Any highly ranked recruit isn't going to waste they commitment to a program that has a completely black hole in terms of its future going forward. Baylor really has nothing to sell to recruits in regards to it's football program right no cuz it has no identity going forward and no definite course going forward. Recruits have zero idea what their offensive philosophy will be going forward. Recruits have zero idea what their defensive philosophy will be going forward. If you were a recruit, why would you commit to that?
If I was a bigtime recruit that would love to attend Baylor, I would be waiting to see what happens with the coaching staff after the season before making up my mind.

You can believe what you want to believe. I have no doubt there are kids out there who want to go to Baylor no matter what. But are they highly sought after kids? I highly doubt it. Any highly ranked recruit isn't going to waste they commitment to a program that has a completely black hole in terms of its future going forward. Baylor really has nothing to sell to recruits in regards to it's football program right no cuz it has no identity going forward and no definite course going forward. Recruits have zero idea what their offensive philosophy will be going forward. Recruits have zero idea what their defensive philosophy will be going forward. If you were a recruit, why would you commit to that?
If I was a bigtime recruit that would love to attend Baylor, I would be waiting to see what happens with the coaching staff after the season before making up my mind.

I'm not wondering where the big time recruits are. I'm wondering where any recruits are.

There may be other factors at Baylor for recruits to consider besides coaches, coaching philosophies, 756 different uniform combinations, playing in a new stadium or whatever.
Baylor now has a scandal-ridden program and, like OU in 1989, and may have to let time take its course to get out from under a dark shadow. Fortunately for Baylor, high school kids know nothing of history unless it happened a week ago.

As a long time season ticket holder, my chance of getting a ticket is a little better than being a lottery winner. I have to buy playoff tickets first (oh boy, the Texans in the playoffs) and that will make me eligible for the Super Bowl ticket lottery. Last year the stadium's team received 5% to the tickets. That does not mean that those tickets go to season ticket holders. My guess is the people that have "pictures" of the owner will be at the top of the list.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Sounds like a lot of cancer has been going around in the OU locker room, especially on the defensive side.

Team Caption needs a talk from his father to put out effort
Anchor on the Dline quits
Multiple Backups getting dismissed.

A follow up to your query regarding Super Bowl tickets. I received my official Texans season ticket letter basically saying -- sorry but buy 10 more years of season tickets and I may have the opportunity to participate in the SB lottery (if the SB comes back to Houston). However, I am first in line to buy the same tickets for the Texan game seats I have had since inception. o_O

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
A follow up to your query regarding Super Bowl tickets. I received my official Texans season ticket letter basically saying -- sorry but buy 10 more years of season tickets and I may have the opportunity to participate in the SB lottery (if the SB comes back to Houston). However, I am first in line to buy the same tickets for the Texan game seats I have had since inception. o_O

"So....you're saying there's a CHANCE"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT