ADVERTISEMENT

An interesting read for yOU.

When a stadium is 2/3 empty...your football program is either tiny or insignificant. The games I have been to in Lawrence all point to insignificant. I doubt the rebound happens any time soon 30 mins to my west. They get to travel to Norman this year for a major butt kicking...am sure Baker will be there in spirit.

Add the fact they just hired the fired lil piggie AD Jeff Long to the tune of over 1 million a year. Lol. He did not have a favorable view of the Big 12 when he was on the Playoff Comm when he was an almighty Sec School AD while at the Juggernaut that is Arkiesaw. Screw ku.

Reactions: iasooner1
I actually think Long is a good hire for KU. He has his hands full though as the chances of him hiring a named coach to take over that football team are very slim. KU hasnt gave a crap about its football program for decades now. The conference though needs KU to at least step up and be somewhat of a decent team and not the crap program they are now. Honestly they should have never fired Coach M. He was by far the best coach they had in the last 30 years.

I actually think Long is a good hire for KU. He has his hands full though as the chances of him hiring a named coach to take over that football team are very slim. KU hasnt gave a crap about its football program for decades now. The conference though needs KU to at least step up and be somewhat of a decent team and not the crap program they are now. Honestly they should have never fired Coach M. He was by far the best coach they had in the last 30 years.

He could bring in Bielema possibly, I think the reason Long was fired is because he wouldn't fire him.

Reactions: iasooner1
He could bring in Bielema possibly, I think the reason Long was fired is because he wouldn't fire him.

That is true. Ironically at the same time Hog fans were not happy that Long didnt pull the trigger a year earlier on him. Arkansas problem is that they are never going to out recruit the historical powerhouses in the SEC. they may occasionally have one of those great seasons like they had a few years back under the lier Petrino but overall they will never do it consistantly.

I doubt not even Coach B would take that KU job but you never know. I have been in Arkansas now since 82 and its not Arkansas I dislike instead its a majority of the fans I cant stand.

That is true. Ironically at the same time Hog fans were not happy that Long didnt pull the trigger a year earlier on him. Arkansas problem is that they are never going to out recruit the historical powerhouses in the SEC. they may occasionally have one of those great seasons like they had a few years back under the lier Petrino but overall they will never do it consistantly.

I doubt not even Coach B would take that KU job but you never know. I have been in Arkansas now since 82 and its not Arkansas I dislike instead its a majority of the fans I cant stand.

Same here with the fans, I also have been here originally in 82 then moved away in 02 until 09 and moved back here.
Not sure if Bielema would take KU either but there was talk a while back about him landing at K State if and when Arkie fired him, some kind of connection there with Snyder I think, not sure. I think he more than likely ends up back in the Big 10 but you never know.
Long thought more of him than keeping his own job so he might be calling him to join him there.

Same here with the fans, I also have been here originally in 82 then moved away in 02 until 09 and moved back here.
Not sure if Bielema would take KU either but there was talk a while back about him landing at K State if and when Arkie fired him, some kind of connection there with Snyder I think, not sure. I think he more than likely ends up back in the Big 10 but you never know.
Long thought more of him than keeping his own job so he might be calling him to join him there.
Co-DC @ KSU in '02-'03.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT