ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate Uniforms for Baylor?

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Hoping the Sooners wear the same uniforms they did against KSU. They have down in the trench character which will go well with a beat down of Briles/Baylor.

Baylor is wearing all black I believe. I really don't care what we wear. But I don't think we'll wear anything but the traditional. We'll see. I believe they are encouraging their fans to wear all black also.

Baylor is wearing all black I believe. I really don't care what we wear. But I don't think we'll wear anything but the traditional. We'll see. I believe they are encouraging their fans to wear all black also.

I've seen several OU Alerts that baylor was trying for a 'Black Out' in the stands, and encouraging SOONERS to stick with Crimson & Cream, to avoid contributing to the success of the bear's idea...

Whatever reason the OU football department can come up with for not wearing alternate uniforms is great and gets my support. I like the throwback unis but without the players names on the back better than any of the new alternate unis.

I hope not as the throwback/"bring the wood" uni's are just not doing it for me. I LOVE our road uniforms. White jersey and pants, crimson helmet, numerals and "Sooners" across the chest. Just classic. I may like them better than our home uni's. :)

Yep, I agree. Bring the Wood...what's that about anyway? The Wilkinson era throwbacks before Mackenzie changed the helmets to red with OU logo is what I was referencing. I think Bob allowed them once when Bradford was still playing. Very subtle but effective IMO. But you have to consider my age. LOL

the uniforms are old and tired,especially the home red,,keep the old ones for throw back. sorry old guy's its time for change.

Some of the guy's need a haircut. Here's a future look at a new uniform................

hairart.jpg

Reactions: CalSooner
The team doesn't wear the same uniform that they wore in 1970. And trust me, I'm the board expert on that.

The football programs of greatness, college and pro, keep the same basic look with different small details. The Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the 49ers. Those four franchises have won 20 of the 49 Super Bowls. That's 20 for those four old NFL teams (The Steelers moved in 1970). 29 by the other 28 teams.

When you're great and have a classic look, even though they are four different looks, you don't much screw with it. Would you have us do what OSU does and have a uniform that no one can recognize? I guess so.

USC, Bama and LSU are near the same. Miami changed and started losing. BIte my tongue, Texas doesn't change much.

Ohio State and Michigan and Penn State are the best programs in the BIG. Iowa has made big Improvement this season. They have had the same basic uniform since Hayden Fry switched it in the late 70's to the Steeler look.

Maybe of you don't exceed your quota of joints for a couple of weeks ....

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Look Mr ganja head, keep smoking all the dope you want and though older than you, I'll outlive you anyway.

I'm fine with quality throwbacks or alternative uni's. But let's avoid the high school look. I do wear stuff different than I did 45 years ago. My taste has improved.
your just brainwashed religious nutard with the common sense of a dirt clod,you go around talking about the good old days that never were,the kids today are alot smarter then you ever were,your just another pissed off old person who hates everything.

LOL. When your a pup, especially a clueless pup, you can say all sorts of cute things that might impress your brainless, pot smoking buddies.

You used the word brainwashed about a faith in the God who made you. You cannot have humbly investigated who He is, truly seeking truth. If you had, you'd understand the folly of what you think is true. And yet you propose as something worth seeking, dulling your senses.

Truth isn't subjective. There is something knowable, and it is not different depending on who you are. Your opinion in light of God's truth is folly.... foolishness. You can know it. And someday, perhaps you'll reach a time when you will be motivated to investigate.

I knew hundreds of people like you in the 60s and 70s. Some fried their brains and didn't make it to 50. Some figured out that they needed to change their perspective. Some get into a whole lot worse chemical abuse. I'm not sure where your pure anger about God comes from. But still, He pursues you even though you don't know it. And maybe never will.

But if you ever want to truly investigate Him on His terms, not yours, He will make himself known to you.

But if you really believe that life and personality and love are all cosmic accidents, then you are the brainwashed one. With tragic future consequences.

LOL. When your a pup, especially a clueless pup, you can say all sorts of cute things that might impress your brainless, pot smoking buddies.

You used the word brainwashed about a faith in the God who made you. You cannot have humbly investigated who He is, truly seeking truth. If you had, you'd understand the folly of what you think is true. And yet you propose as something worth seeking, dulling your senses.

Truth isn't subjective. There is something knowable, and it is not different depending on who you are. Your opinion in light of God's truth is folly.... foolishness. You can know it. And someday, perhaps you'll reach a time when you will be motivated to investigate.

I knew hundreds of people like you in the 60s and 70s. Some fried their brains and didn't make it to 50. Some figured out that they needed to change their perspective. Some get into a whole lot worse chemical abuse. I'm not sure where your pure anger about God comes from. But still, He pursues you even though you don't know it. And maybe never will.

But if you ever want to truly investigate Him on His terms, not yours, He will make himself known to you.

But if you really believe that life and personality and love are all cosmic accidents, then you are the brainwashed one. With tragic future consequences.
your religion is pathetic,i thought you said you were leaving this earth soon,please,get on your spaceship and fly,btw,where was god yesterday when all those innocent people were killed

So if people don't agree with your opinion, then it's because of THEIR flawed thinking?? Or that if gsx doesn't agree with you, then you assume it's because his brain is fried from smoking pot?? Ever occur to you that maybe the flawed thinking is on your end??

No, it would be because they have voluntarily forfeited their own brain capacity for a little "harmless fun."

Okay okay guys. Plaino doesn't accept others opinions, gsx is a guy that probably needs counseling. Let's move on. God bless

I don't know why anyone would continue to engage gs in a conversation. We should all hope and pray that he eventually decides to get help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT