ADVERTISEMENT

All for not....

Scottsdale.Sooner

Sooner starter
Jan 2, 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona (most of the time)
Well that takes care of that! Landing at #3 speaks volumes about OU's pedigree. Now we need to beat OSU to hold our position. I have not seen Iowa play and can't say if they have the potential to best Michigan State. What say all about lining up to play Alabama first in the Cotton Bowl? I like this match up. This game will be hyped to the fullest by the media.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Gotta take lil step sister to the woodshed first. I for one am not looking that far ahead to the playoffs, too much at stake to look ahead. Hope the team and coaching staff have these guys ready to go and not like the ready to go RRS game. Staying cautious until after bedlam.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I'm not much of a Berry Tramel fan, but this is a simple explanation of a couple of the finer points involved in being #3...Location, Location, Location...

'Look at what else the committee gave OU. At No. 3, and with a high-profile road game remaining against 11th-ranked OSU, OU has the chance of playing in a Cotton Bowl semifinal. No way would the Sooners play in the Cotton Bowl as the fourth-ranked team; that would be too much of a home field disadvantage for the No. 1-ranked team.'

The committee makes no such allowances in the No. 2 vs. No. 3 matchup. So if the No. 1 seed goes to the Orange — which Clemson would and Alabama might — a third-seeded OU could be in nearby Arlington.

This is Tramel's entire article...
http://newsok.com/ou-football-are-t...football-playoff/article/5462654?articleBar=1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT