ADVERTISEMENT

Akron Zips picked to finish 2nd in Eastern division............

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK

ri

ri

ri

Akron Zips football picked to finish second in MAC East

Published: July 29, 2015 10:33AM

DETROIT— The Akron Zips have been tabbed to finish tied for second in the East Division of the Mid-American Conference by members of the MAC media, the league announced July 29 prior to its annual Football Media Day at Ford Field.

Akron earned 118 points, including two first-place votes. Two-time defending East champion Bowling Green was picked first, followed by Akron and Ohio, and Massachusetts.

In the West Division, Toledo was selected first, just one point ahead of Western Michigan. Five-time division champion Northern Illinois was third.

The Rockets were also predicted to win the 2015 MAC Championship Game.

The Zips, under the guidance of fourth-year head coach Terry Bowden, open the 2015 season at Oklahoma on Saturday, Sept. 5. The Zips' home opener with Pittsburgh is slated for Saturday, Sept. 12, at 6 p.m. at InfoCision Stadium - Summa Field.

Tickets for the 2015 Akron football season start at only $60 each (a 40 percent savings over single-game tickets) are available anytime at GoZips.com/Tickets, or from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Mondays through Fridays by either calling 1-888-99-AKRON (25766) or visiting The C.P. and Cornelia S. Chima Athletics Ticket Office at InfoCision Stadium - Summa Field (located at 375 E. Exchange Street, near Gate 1 at the southwest corner of the venue, at the corner of E. Exchange and S. Union streets).

Three-game mini-plans and single-game tickets are also on sale now.

Special experiences are also available for group outings of 20 or more fans for any home game this season.

2015 MAC FOOTBALL PRESEASON POLL
Team (First Place Votes) Points

EAST DIVISION
1. Bowling Green (18) 160
T2. Akron (2) 118
Ohio (1) 118
4. Massachusetts (3) 113
5. Buffalo 70
6. Miami 47
7. Kent State 46

WEST DIVISION
1. Toledo (11) 121
2. Western Michigan (8) 120
3. Northern Illinois (4) 113
4. Ball State 66
5. Central Michigan (1) 56
6. Eastern Michigan 28

2015 Marathon MAC Championship Game Winner: Toledo (9); Western Michigan (8); Northern Illinois (6); Central Michigan (1).

Want to leave your comments?