ADVERTISEMENT

Ahmad Thomas and Hatari Byrd

Hambone694

Sooner commitment
Apr 21, 2015
These two guys scare the living hell out of me. Ahmad was absolutely awful last year, worst DB I've ever seen since I started watching Sooner football all those years ago. The guy gets burnt all the time. He made one, one play last year. And it was against Kansas at home. Hatari scares me too, just not as much. When he came out of high school all I can remember hearing was how he was gonna be the next T Jeff. He got very little pt in 2013, but didn't look that bad. But oh my god last year he was not that great to say the least. I still think he has a higher ceiling than Thomas, bc he's seen less time and I think he's a more gifted athlete. But he couldn't beat out Ahmad Thomas and Quentin Hayes for playing time, which again, scares me. When I saw the depth chart was released I was expecting that either Sunderland or Haughton would be a starter with all the praise they had been receiving. But nope, and I will admit that Byrd and Thomas both looked like they had improved in the spring game. But I have heard 0 praise on them through out all of Fall Camp. At least Dominique Alexander gets praised! These two haven't even been mentioned. If it were me, I would be starting Byrd and Sunderland, and have Haughton ready to roll if either of those two go down. And I know they're two separate positions but I just don't trust Thomas. I do like Byrd's physical attributes though, and he's made fewer mistakes. So I'm still holding out on him, and I honestly believe he can be a really solid guy for us. But he still scares me. I really hope that Sunderland or Haughton can replace Thomas before we get too deep into the season. Not saying I'm rooting against Ahmad, or that I want the guy to get hurt, I just don't believe he can play for a top 25 school. Now if he goes out and plays like the best safety in the world, then believe me, I will be happy as can be and gladly admit that I was wrong. So in conclusion, we should sit Thomas and put Byrd on a very short leash. Sorry for the longness.

Reactions: Tigers1978
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.