ADVERTISEMENT

Advice? Suggestions?

I truly want the best for Kansas Football. They deserve better than this.

By golly ... it's not fair.

With all my heart i think that Mike Stoops would be a perfect fit for Kansas Football.

Yeah ...

Kansas didn't realize that Mangino was actually a better coach than anyone they were likely to get. It's a state of 2.7 million, 800,000 fewer than Oklahoma with three D-1 schools, same as Oklahoma. But, Kansas doesn't have a pipeline to out-of-state recruits. Instead, it loses its best. Kansas needs to develop a pipeline to Texas, Missouri, Illinois, or Ohio to get some football prospects into the state. Usually, teams in this situation have some gimmick offense so they can recruit prospects that nobody else wants, like a running quarterback or a 170 lb fullback. Go get a good D-3 coach and give him a shot. It will take going against the odds to build something. You got nothing.

KU needs a lot of things. The image of KU Football...empty stands...and the deep shadow under KU Basketball leaves zero for excitement to that program. Seems to me they need to shrink and upgrade that stadium. Then work tirelessly on that image. It is unlikely it can return to Mangino level any time soon....on current path. I expect a huge OU group in the stands with a sprinkling of Jhawkers in 2 weeks...with an abundance of empty seats.

Reactions: iasooner1
Kansas is and always be a basketball school. They only play football as something to do until basketball season starts.

I have a suggestion for the Kansas Jayhawks.....think Gonzaga, Seton Hall, or even Cal State Fullerton. None participate in football yet are competitive in other major sports. The Kansas people have made it very clear that football is not important to their fan base. The football program is a drain hole good for only one thing.....collecting sewage.

Reactions: iasooner1
You can name all great Kansas players and wins on two hands. Kansas football has had a few surprises but nothing to compare with 75% of college programs. It’s definitely in the lower 25% of all time College football programs and that’s being nice. It will never be any good long term because the administration, boosters and fans don’t care about football. Kansas had no business being in the Big 12 but the conference can’t do without 10 teams now. So they will continue to play and get the crap beat out of them year end and year out. I know I’m being hard on the Jayhawks but they really stink up the football conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT