ADVERTISEMENT

A Little Love (60 secs) for a Sooner in Austin?!?

MikeNAustin

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Dec 28, 2008
Austin, Texas
Greetings Sooner Brethren!

(Note: when you cast your vote for Charles Burton, please reply below as it will keep the thread bumped for others to see. Thanks again!!)

Shamelessly calling in a favor for those willing to help the son of a fellow Sooner. I also posted this on On3 because, well, why not!?

My son, who plays in the trenches and is bleeds Sooner Crimson, got nominated as the Austin Statesman's athlete of the week for his game last week (here are his highlights from the game). He had 10 tackles, a sack, FF, and his first TD on a Scoop & Score hustle play. We need votes, ladies and gentlemen!

He's up against a bevy of skill players. I have no idea how he got nominated, much less how he's now surging towards first place. But man, it sure would be fun to see a dude from the trenches win an award that always goes to the fast skinny kids! And what's more, how about getting a Sooner's Son to win an award right here on enemy soil?!?

Fire up The Voting Engine, my Sooner Brethren! Spread the word!!

Here's the link to vote: https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...eek-austin-area-high-school-poll/75808021007/

Also, a couple words of instruction because the Captcha mechanism appears to be screwed up:

1) Use the tab key to get to the button where you can enter your Captcha response.
2) You kind of have to fail/guess your way on several entries until it lets you cast the vote. It's annoying, but I think its part of the reason why a kid like Charlie has a chance to win. All the kids at the big schools are just not voting. LOL!
3) When you get to the screen that has either a bunch of lions or a bunch of little hedge-hogs, pick the three pictures of the ones that are lying down. That's what has worked for me.

It'll take a tiny bit of patience and maybe about 60 seconds, tops.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mike

P.S. If there are any coaches on the board who want a playmaker on the DL who is a humble, hard working kid, please shoot me a DM! Charlie is a 2026 DL/OL. He had to start on OL as a sophomore due to team needs. This year he's getting his shot on defense so he's still very raw but gaining steam with each game. He plays at a small private school and has lettered in both basketball and football since he was a freshman. He's 6'2", 245 lbs and has a wide frame to add a lot of good weight. Pretty quick, but not laser-time-fast. Long arms for his height. We have been entirely focused on just playing good football, so maybe late to the recruiting game. We don't care about NIL. Just trusting the Lord with the process and and praying for the right fit relationally, academically, and of course with a legit shot to hit the field before he graduates. Charlie wants to stay in football as a career so he studies film voraciously. I think he fits the definition of a true "coach's player." Not flashy. The kind of kid who will contribute well to a hard-working, humble football culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasSooner07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.