ADVERTISEMENT

A day that will live in infamy...

PtLavacaSooner

Sooner starter
Oct 2, 2013
December 7, 1941. My dad was a senior in high school, just before his 18th birthday.
It changed his life forever, as it did most of the world. It also brought us our Greatest Generation.
Thanks to those who sacrificed so all of us coming later could have a better life.

December 7, 1941. My dad was a senior in high school, just before his 18th birthday.
It changed his life forever, as it did most of the world. It also brought us our Greatest Generation.
Thanks to those who sacrificed so all of us coming later could have a better life.
Here, Here Pt. I second that. Well put. I salute all that have sacrificed for us.

My uncle fought in the Battle of the Bulge and he has told me some crazy stories and those guys were tough as an old boot. Ironically, he told me many of these stories recently while in the his hospitable bed at 92 years old. He was there because he was out feeding his cattle at age 92 mind you out by himself and a cow knocked him down breaking his hip and leg very bad. (second time he has had something broke by his cows in the last 2 years) He crawled 100 yards to his truck and called his neighbor to come help take him to the Dr. He didn't call his wife because he said she had been telling him he was going to get hurt again by those cows and to sell them. He said he hated to admit she was right about it. HA! He never complains about anything and always upbeat. They were amazed that he didn't need any morphine because of the pain. He just tool some ibuprofin and when they took him to the hospital in Muskogee there were no surgeons available for immediate surgery so he had to be taken to Tulsa and finally had surgery about 11:00 pm. and he had broke his leg and hip about 9 that morning. Tough as they come. I salute them all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT