ADVERTISEMENT

6 Thoughts

Nov 27, 2019
Here we go- the final stretch of the season, teams with a pulse on both offense and even... wait for it... DEFENSE. Tech is the last powderpuff team heading into the mighty Big 12 gauntlet of Baylor, Iowa St., and Little Brother (which is 3, 80 men rosters full of maybe 12 4* or better recruits, nonetheless I digress). Currently, as it has been stated by the almighty Lincoln Riley, we are "close". Unfortunately, it would appear that we are closer to losing to ending up 9-3, than we are close to being an elite, championship caliber football team. However, I do not disagree with the sentiment that this football team still could finally turn the corner and end up being pretty damn good. Below are a few things I would like to see tomorrow that would tell me this team is moving in the right direction.

1. Not fair catching kick offs. I know this may seem silly, but to me it just screams conservative. It's Lincoln telling his players "eh, just fair catch it. We don't need special teams help to score." I completely do not understand it. No team that we will play all season long in the Big 12 has the athletes to go toe to toe with us, so just go let our athletes be better. I do not want to see anything less than a constant effort to go out there for 60 minutes and kick the absolute shit out people. Shall we even say, "all gas no brakes".

2. Press coverages. As a former member and leader of the Line Up 12 Yards Off The Ball Club, I can assure you of one thing: that shit ain't it. Press coverage at worst makes the WR spend a second or two creating separation which allows for our defensive to hopefully create pressure. At best it even means we aren't giving up easy free yards.

3. #13 and #28. Please, just play the young guys. Whitter saw 8 snaps last week and had 3 tackles and a QB hurry. At this point, I would rather let these guys get experience as opposed to watching 23 and 2 (just move him back to rush please) make the same mistakes we have seen plenty of.

4. QB run game. 5-6 games left in the season it is time to empty the tank. Let Williams be involved in the run game to the tune of 8-12 carries a game. Not only will it be successful, it will also help free up the passing game. Gotta get back to dominating people with the run game and I think Williams adds a dynamic that could turn our run game into an almost unstoppable force.

5. Just get the fvck off of the field on 3rd down. I don't care if that means Pat Fields pull a dildo out of from his shoulder pads and throw it at a players feet for a tackle before the sticks. Just find a way to get off of the field on 3rd down.

6. Intensity and effort. No more slow starts, minimal efforts, solo tackles etc. I need to see these guys get out there and finally show some fire or this thing may go south.

Feel free to drop your thoughts as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News