ADVERTISEMENT

57 Days and Counting

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
Until our first game day on Sept. 5. Thank goodness.

With OUr schedule, I figure we go 10-2 (optimistically) but more likely 8-4. My specific predictions include:

9/5 Akron W
9/12 @ Tennessee W *
9/19 Tulsa W
10/3 WVa W
10/10 Texas W *
10/17 @KSU W
10/24 TT W
10/31 @ Kansas W
11/7 ISU W
11/14 @ Baylor L
11/21 TCU L
11/28 @ OSU W

I figure Tennessee and Texas are toss-ups.

Don't know that a similar thread has been previously started. Hope not.

Am I on the mark or unrealistic? As always, injuries will play a major factor on outcomes.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Until our first game day on Sept. 5. Thank goodness.

With OUr schedule, I figure we go 10-2 (optimistically) but more likely 8-4. My specific predictions include:

9/5 Akron W
9/12 @ Tennessee W *
9/19 Tulsa W
10/3 WVa W
10/10 Texas W *
10/17 @KSU W
10/24 TT W
10/31 @ Kansas W
11/7 ISU W
11/14 @ Baylor L
11/21 TCU L
11/28 @ OSU W

I figure Tennessee and Texas are toss-ups.

Don't know that a similar thread has been previously started. Hope not.

Am I on the mark or unrealistic? As always, injuries will play a major factor on outcomes.

Boomer Sooner

The first thing I look at going into the season when predicting is the away games and when we play them. The deeper in the season the better chances we compete. Tennessee is away and the second game of the season. This one I'm concerned about as I watched their spring game today on ESPNU and they will bring a hurry up offense and looked sharp.

KSU is a road game in mid season. We have had good results there in the past and we have better players. We just need better coaches this year.

KU....Pufft

Baylor. A challenge, but it's the tenth game of the season and without key injuries we should show up. Win or lose?

OSU...toss up. I think we have better players.

Texas...Always a hard fought game.

We need to get back to protecting our home turf at all costs and yes that means kicking butts of the TCU's and UWV's of the world.

Well that's my take, FWIW.............

Reactions: Section22Sooner
The first thing I look at going into the season when predicting is the away games and when we play them. The deeper in the season the better chances we compete. Tennessee is away and the second game of the season. This one I'm concerned about as I watched their spring game today on ESPNU and they will bring a hurry up offense and looked sharp.

KSU is a road game in mid season. We have had good results there in the past and we have better players. We just need better coaches this year.

KU....Pufft

Baylor. A challenge, but it's the tenth game of the season and without key injuries we should show up. Win or lose?

OSU...toss up. I think we have better players.

Texas...Always a hard fought game.

We need to get back to protecting our home turf at all costs and yes that means kicking butts of the TCU's and UWV's of the world.

Well that's my take, FWIW.............
K2C,

I agree with you that we will usually field the better players. I think we take it to OSU because of the awful way we blew it last year at home. Lingering aftertaste. I can still taste the bile.

No way we beat Baylor and TCU.. Better coaching, not necessarily better players. I'm more confident that we will beat UT than I am with Tennessee. Both will be squeakers either way.

We can't have, imo, any coaching brain farts this year as in our recent past. Our margin for error seems to be diminishing lately.

Boomer Sooner

Reactions: K2C Sooner
K2C,

I agree with you that we will usually field the better players. I think we take it to OSU because of the awful way we blew it last year at home. Lingering aftertaste. I can still taste the bile.

No way we beat Baylor and TCU.. Better coaching, not necessarily better players. I'm more confident that we will beat UT than I am with Tennessee. Both will be squeakers either way.

We can't have, imo, any coaching brain farts this year as in our recent past. Our margin for error seems to be diminishing lately.

Boomer Sooner
My only speculation on what this team will achieve this year is at least 7-8 wins and a bowl berth, given the tough schedule and all the question marks surrounding this team.
Anything above that is very possible, but I'm not buying from the "Kool-Aid" stand anymore.

The defense needs to make huge strides from last year, or this is going to be a loooong 2015 season.
We should find out pretty quick where things are at when OU goes to Tennessee. Tennessee was a young team last year with alot of talent. They should be much better this year compared to what came to Norman last season.
As for the rest of the season, I'll wait and see how OU comes out against Tennessee first. Too many questions marks on both sides of the ball.
At this point, OU could go anywhere from 12-0 to 6-6. I'm hoping it's closer to the former.....

Better coaches or not, Bob Stoops needs to beat TCU (at home) and Baylor (on the road) in 2015 to right the ship, period. Otherwise there will be more coaching changes. The beginning of the end for Bob Stoops started in 2014 so he'll most likely be under a lot of pressure if he does not do well in 2015.

Win those two games and a 11-1 season is out there. Lose more home games than the best that can be hoped for is 8-4.

The defense needs to make huge strides from last year, or this is going to be a loooong 2015 season.
We should find out pretty quick where things are at when OU goes to Tennessee. Tennessee was a young team last year with alot of talent. They should be much better this year compared to what came to Norman last season.
As for the rest of the season, I'll wait and see how OU comes out against Tennessee first. Too many questions marks on both sides of the ball.
At this point, OU could go anywhere from 12-0 to 6-6. I'm hoping it's closer to the former.....
Hey BillyRay. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Couldn't agree more.

Boomer Sooner

I like forthworth's enthusiasm and positive outlook on the 2015 season. No doubt that with all the talent TCU and Baylor have coming back, they'll be the two teams to beat in the Big 12. OU will most likely lose those games and could easily trip up against Tennesse, texas or KSU.

10-2 at best, especially if performance from the QB position is decidedly better.
8-4 or worse if the defense does not show any improvement over last year.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
Hey BillyRay. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Hey fortworth good to see you around. Hope you and your family is doing great. I've been doing other things to keep me busy this summer. I still check this place here and there.

I will say I for some reason am feeling better about this season than I did a few months ago. Maybe it's because the hangover from last season and the embarrassing bowl loss is wearing off, or maybe it's a typical summer where I gradually become more and more confident the closer and closer the season gets.

I hear ya BillyRay. That old saying, "Hope springs eternal...". A new year, a new situation.

Boomer Sooner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT