ADVERTISEMENT

4 Star CB Devon Jordan post-scrimmage note

TravisSkol

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2023
For those that are on Twitter, it's likely you saw that I was at the scrimmage at my alma mater tonight. Surely there hasn't been much discussion about Williams Nwaneri rocking OU cleats and gloves.

Brandon gave me specific marching orders, though, and that's what brings me here.

I got the chance to catch up with Devon Jordan after the scrimmage. The four-star corner out of Union High School in Tulsa recently dropped a Top 5 of OU, OSU, TAMU, Bama, and TCU. For those keeping score at home, he had OU gloves on.

Visits: He plans on visiting TCU for their Week 1 matchup with Colorado. He then mentioned A&M would get a visit after that. Those are the only two he says he actually has on the books but absolutely intends on getting to Norman. I don't get the sense that Alabama will get a visit, as he said the relationships aren't as close as they are at other schools.

Top Schools: He said his top two schools are TCU and OU right now. He had also mentioned that TCU already has a few corners committed and that seemed to give him pause. He knows OU only has one corner committed right now and did fully admit that his best relationship of any coach is the one he has built with Jay Valai.

Commitment: This thing seem like it will drag out a bit, but that shouldn't concern anybody. I asked if he was a "hats on a table" guy or a "drop an edit" guy and he said "I don't think Coach (Fridrich) likes that here, so I'm going to respect what he wants".

I spoke with Coach Fridrich after the game, and he mentioned how family-first and team-first Devon is, which explains why he has played with the same 7v7 team his whole life, despite overtures from bigger organizations. Devon even said "I could never leave those guys, we've been together forever". Fridrich also said "I think he's got more dog in him than Tre Brown had, and while Tre is twitchier and faster, Devon's longer and rangier"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News