ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Season predictions thread.....

BillyRay

Sooner starter
Jul 14, 2001
Just a bit outside the Metroplex...
Another guy got one of these threads going over in CC, so figured we needed one over here too.
Here is what I have,

Akron - W
@ Tenn - L
Tulsa - W
WVU- W
Texas - W
@ KSU - W
Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
ISU - W
@ Baylor - L
TCU - W
@ OSU - W

I will go with 10-2. I just don't think OU will be up to speed in time to take out Tennessee on the road. But I do think OUs offense should be humming and the team overall will be playing their best football in time for TCU coming to Norman. But even so, it's a game that can go either way and TCU returns a lot so they could also just as easily beat OU. But late in the year I will go with Bob coming out on top. Typically, Bob's teams always get stronger and stronger as the year goes on.

But if you had asked me several months ago about a prediction, I probably would have said another 8 win season. But I think the Clemson debacle (and last season's meltdown) was a bit of a false indicator. I think this team will come out better than a lot of people are expecting, and the coaching changes will be a big factor especially with the QBs and WRs. I still think the defense will be very suspect, but I think Riley will get enough going on offense to keep the defense off the field and control games with Perine and Mixon when needed. Just hope the rebuilt OL can block well enough to give them that chance.

But a 10 win season will be a great building block for this team going forward. I believe this team is better built for 2016. But hey, anything can happen!! :cool:

Reactions: iasooner1
Akron - W
@ Tenn - L
Tulsa - W
WVU- W
Texas - L
@ KSU - L
Tech - W
@ Kansas - W
ISU - W
@ Baylor - L
TCU - L
@ OSU - L

I'm a newly converted pessimist because of the last 3 yrs. I still have a sinking feeling we're being left behind.

Ouch...dang man 6-6 is being pretty rough on Bob and the boys. :eek:

I know. You're right. But a small part of me wants to say, Bob and the boys have been kind of rough on us the last 2-3 yrs. I do agree with some of your post, but I don't think the new coaches can get a lot established in such a short amount of time - this is more like 1999, Bob's first year, than any other year he's had...they went 7-5, I predicted 6-6, almost the same. We will see.

My real concern remains recruiting. Or, the lack thereof.

8-4; 7-5; 6 - 6? Better be 10-2 or better or it will be bad news for Bob Stoops (he'll experience a Mack Brown type ending). The beginning of the end already occurred last season. I'll go 11-1 just because I'm hoping Coach Stoops turns the program around but not letting little brother go after his disastrous stint at OU is most disturbing, box confinement or not. Loss to Baylor.

I don't get all those predicting a loss at Tennessee. We spanked 'em in Norman, they will have an improved D, but an O-line that is greener than ours and a young QB. Not saying OU will blow them out, but I'm finding it hard to believe that OU loses in Knoxville. Here's my take on the season:

Akron - W - Game will be close for a couple of quarters, but OU wears them down in the 2nd half.
Tennessee - W - Tight, down-to-the-wire, but OU wins by 10 on the road.
Tulsa - W - Blowout. TU sucks it hard.
WVU - W - Game similar to Tennessee. Outstanding WVU D gets worn down, OU by 10.
texas - W - OU grinds down the horns and forces a couple of key turnovers to win by 14.
KSU - W - Snyder has a few tricks up his sleeve, but not enough D to stop Samaje. Close one.
Tech - W - OU wins ugly at home after an uninspiring effort. Red Raiders puts up a good fight.
Kansas - W - Beat down in Lawrence. Jayhawks have a long way to go.
ISU - W - Beat down in Norman. The Cyclones have a long way to go.
Baylor - L - OU keeps it close for a quarter, maybe two, then the wheels come off. Bears romp.
TCU - L - Boykin and the Frog D outplay the Sooners, but score does not reflect the dominance.
OSU - W - Revenge is sweet, but OU needs some last minute heroics to get out with the W.

10-2, but probably the weakest 10-2 team in the BCS. OU gets spanked in the Cotton Bowl by an SEC team (MIzzou? UGA?) and finishes 10-3, ranked 16th.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
I have us at 9-3 at best, 7-5 on the low end. TCU and Baylor are likely losses. Tennessee is a pick'em except for the fact the Sooners are playing in Knoxville, and I think that may be the difference....9-3. I like us to beat Texas and OSU, but you know how those games can go....thus the 7-5 possibility. Why is everyone so high on KSU? I don't see it unless Synder himself suits up, regardless where the game is played. Of course, I hope for the better, but I feel it will be an interesting season no matter what. A lot of new stuff this year.

For me putting the Tennessee game as a loss, is more of playing there is going to be hostile. Combine that with OUs offense being a new system to the players, an unproven QB running a new system, unknown WR depth, and a rebuilt offensive line. Those things don't mix well with playing in a hostile road environment. Plus all those offensive question marks will be facing what should be a pretty stout defense in their own stadium, makes for a really rough road test for OU that early in the season.

Reactions: Tank Gossage
I agree, BillyRay, for all the reasons you listed. But wouldn't it be great if the Sooners could come away with a win again against Tennessee. Beating a SEC team and I wouldn't have to wear that damn Vols sweat shirt for the week after the game. Bad bet on my part, but got challenged by a my Tennessee buddy and couldn't back down.

Heck ya it would be great to get out of there with a win. Man that would set OU up to have a solid year if they are improved enough to take down a really good Tennessee team on the road.

And I feel for ya if you had to wear a dang Vols jersey. Man that was a risky bet to take!! Lol

I predict we will begin the season undefeated and end it with a bowl game.;)

I know, I'm really going out on a limb there.

Previously, I posted an optimistic 10-2 and a pessimistic 8-4. I'm going with the 10-2 plus a bowl win.

Boomer Sooner

I don't get all those predicting a loss at Tennessee. We spanked 'em in Norman, they will have an improved D, but an O-line that is greener than ours and a young QB. Not saying OU will blow them out, but I'm finding it hard to believe that OU loses in Knoxville.

Butch Davis.

Depends if Stoops can turn it around and recapture his glory days. If last year is any indicator, it's Stoops who is on the decline and Butch Jones who is on the rise. Stoops needs a strong season to prove he is still the man.

Let's hope it's not a repeat of history in 1999 when most would have taken Bobby Bowden over Stoops any day.

There's one pinned at the top of the page as well.

9-0 before we meet Baylor in Waco. 10-2 at the end of the season. Tied for second in the Big Twelve, top 12 regular season finish.

I don't get all those predicting a loss at Tennessee. We spanked 'em in Norman, they will have an improved D, but an O-line that is greener than ours and a young QB. Not saying OU will blow them out, but I'm finding it hard to believe that OU loses in Knoxville. Here's my take on the season:

Akron - W - Game will be close for a couple of quarters, but OU wears them down in the 2nd half.
Tennessee - W - Tight, down-to-the-wire, but OU wins by 10 on the road.
Tulsa - W - Blowout. TU sucks it hard.
WVU - W - Game similar to Tennessee. Outstanding WVU D gets worn down, OU by 10.
texas - W - OU grinds down the horns and forces a couple of key turnovers to win by 14.
KSU - W - Snyder has a few tricks up his sleeve, but not enough D to stop Samaje. Close one.
Tech - W - OU wins ugly at home after an uninspiring effort. Red Raiders puts up a good fight.
Kansas - W - Beat down in Lawrence. Jayhawks have a long way to go.
ISU - W - Beat down in Norman. The Cyclones have a long way to go.
Baylor - L - OU keeps it close for a quarter, maybe two, then the wheels come off. Bears romp.
TCU - L - Boykin and the Frog D outplay the Sooners, but score does not reflect the dominance.
OSU - W - Revenge is sweet, but OU needs some last minute heroics to get out with the W.

10-2, but probably the weakest 10-2 team in the BCS. OU gets spanked in the Cotton Bowl by an SEC team (MIzzou? UGA?) and finishes 10-3, ranked 16th.
4 losses, one upset win in a game where OU is the underdog and one upset loss where OU is favored.....then a bowl game where hopefully OU will decide to show up and the million dollar coach will have them fully prepared.

This will be Snyder's best defense since his return and maybe one of the best ever.

K-State's offense is the mega question mark losing Waters and Lockett, who both are playing this year for the Seahawks. Special teams will be solid as always.

As long as Sooners have Mark Stoops calling the defense, K-State has a shot at beating OU. That's been proven over time enough that we're convinced.

This will be Snyder's best defense since his return and maybe one of the best ever.

K-State's offense is the mega question mark losing Waters and Lockett, who both are playing this year for the Seahawks. Special teams will be solid as always.

As long as Sooners have Mark Stoops calling the defense, K-State has a shot at beating OU. That's been proven over time enough that we're convinced.
First of all K State lost several key defensive players. This will be Snyders worst team in years.

Stoops D will hold the Cats to 10 points. Book it

Snyder doesn't field bad teams. He's reloading this year, for sure, particularly on offense. You, dfw, are smokin' bad weed, however, if you think this defense won't be stellar, with perhaps the best defensive backfield in the league, and lots of returning talent in front of them. We'll see though, when the Sooners visit Manhattan, Oct 17th.

Snyder doesn't field bad teams. He's reloading this year, for sure, particularly on offense. You, dfw, are smokin' bad weed, however, if you think this defense won't be stellar, with perhaps the best defensive backfield in the league, and lots of returning talent in front of them. We'll see though, when the Sooners visit Manhattan, Oct 17th.
It's a rebuilding year Holmes and read my post again apparently you don't read very well. The word bad never was stated on my end

Bold A) He's lost 6 games or more 8 times in his tenure in Manhattan. I'll give him a pass for the first couple due to the shape KSU was in when he arrived, but don't pretend that he doesn't roll out a clunker now & then. It doesn't make him any less of a coach in my eyes, FWIW.

Bold B ) Stoops is 5-0 in Manhattan, & every win has been by double digits (3 by 10, plus 2 blowouts). That may or may not change this year, but you're going to have to forgive us if we're not exactly shaking in our boots at this point.

Sooners lose to TCU...with some close games with Baylor & Okie State (pull off wins at both)...so this season may end up much better than the talking heads would have you believe. This will again depend on injuries.

Like every season since Mike's return, the defense will start out with a fury and will be the difference in the early showdown with Tennessee. How they finish will be the question.

Roll on unbeaten till Baylor, where we just can't keep up. Beat an over-hyped TCU and get easy revenge on Little Brother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT