ADVERTISEMENT

Man that's harsh 22. He tried so hard to help the poor by helping himself to their money. It was a shame how he was treated after clearly sacrificing his own personal health to give prayer to those he robbed of their money. He was so misunderstood. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia that details his response to the airing of the documentary regarding him and his ministry. It clearly demonstrates the personal sacrifices he made to help other.

"Tilton asserted that the prayer requests found in garbage bags shown on the Primetime Live investigation were stolen from the ministry and placed in the dumpster for a sensational camera shot, and that he prayed over every prayer request received, to the point that he "laid on top of those prayer requests so much that 'the chemicals actually got into my bloodstream, and... I had two small strokes in my brain."[14] Tilton remained defiant on claims regarding his use of donations to his ministry to fund various purchases, asking, "Ain't I allowed to have nothing?" with regards to his ownership of multiple multimillion-dollar estates. Tilton also claimed that he needed plastic surgery to repair capillary damage to his lower eyelids from ink that seeped into his skin from the prayer requests."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT