ADVERTISEMENT

Your biggest arch rival just helped y'all win the B12 outright!

12375CAT

Sooner starter
Feb 15, 2012
Birds will have to come yOUr way

where

you should stomp them into the floor!

Agree?

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

It is a long ways to early March. Every road game will challenge any team. If you are really good, you can win with your A game and get beat with less. Ford looks to be working magic with his group. OSU by 19 over KU? Whod a thunk it?

It is a long ways to early March. Every road game will challenge any team. If you are really good, you can win with your A game and get beat with less. Ford looks to be working magic with his group. OSU by 19 over KU? Whod a thunk it?
Yeah, the same coach many OSU fans were ready to run out of town the past few years.

Kansas is not without its flaws. Perry Ellis is their only consistent scoring option.

Kansas is not without its flaws. Perry Ellis is their only consistent scoring option.

I agree.

I don't think this Kansas team is as good as they have been. Even if it's not OU, I believe this could be the first time a decade that somebody else wins the conference. But since this is like the fourth straight year that the Pokes have beat them in Stillwater, it's not like it's a deal breaker for them.

Yeah, the same coach many OSU fans were ready to run out of town the past few years.
Yes, let's revere a coach for his one really good win this year, and overlook his track record of under producing the rest of the time he's been the head coach. By that rationale, Texas would have kept Charlie Strong for one more year after upsetting OU this year. That would have been just as silly.

Oh, wait.

:)

Whoa, whoa, whoa there Mr. Wildcat. OU has not won anything "outright." Yes, the OSU win over KU certainly helps OU's chances of winning the Big 12 season (especially when you consider OU's loss to ISU), but there is a lot of basketball left to be played. OU hasn't won anything yet.

Yep. We still have to beat Kansas at least once this year, and we travel to WVU for one of our toughest games of the year.

as I saw it, KU had as much to do with oSu winning...as oSu did. For sure, I'm glad oSu won the game...but KU looked like absolute junk. Turnovers, but mostly just a TON of forced shots. The kind of shots that you're not going to make even when you're not being guarded. Granted, I didn't watch the whole game, but when I was watching I saw KU playing very undisciplined, poor ball.

Yes, let's revere a coach for his one really good win this year, and overlook his track record of under producing the rest of the time he's been the head coach. By that rationale, Texas would have kept Charlie Strong for one more year after upsetting OU this year. That would have been just as silly.

Oh, wait.

:)
The same fan base has also wanted to run Gundy off...more than once. I wish OSU had been that silly.

Current issues are not too dissimilar than what Capel had I suspect. Bringing highly rated kids....that happen to be prima donnas and/or punks/thugs.

12375Cat== I noticed you were on OrangeBloods and Predicted the mildcats\
would Curbstomp the Sooners in Football. How did that turn out for you? Oh yeah
OU 55- mildcats zero.

Soonerboy, For only your third post, you did a damned fine job. Thanks for calling out this poser. I too have seen this Wildcat go back and forth between the OU and texas boards, trying to ingratiate himself with his ass-kissing comments. If he was sincere with his posts and comments, then I'd have no problem with him. But he'll show respect for OU and ridicule the horns on this board, then go over to Orangebloods and do the same over there. His act got old a long time ago.

Soonerboy, For only your third post, you did a damned fine job. Thanks for calling out this poser. I too have seen this Wildcat go back and forth between the OU and texas boards, trying to ingratiate himself with his ass-kissing comments. If he was sincere with his posts and comments, then I'd have no problem with him. But he'll show respect for OU and ridicule the horns on this board, then go over to Orangebloods and do the same over there. His act got old a long time ago.

Oh, for sure...this guy is a double agent/agent provocateur of the highest degree.
Too bad he's too dumb to realize it.

A talent too stupid to realize that talent is the most stupid of them all. :D

By the way Soonerboy, that was an exceptional musing considering your low posts count and obvious youth.

Assuming it wasn't an anomaly, we could use your prodigious big brain here as you see fit.
Bring it dude.:cool:

(watch, now that I've put that out, he'll reveal he's 84 years old and a professor emeritus from Carnegie Mellon):p

Reactions: Schoonerman
By the way Soonerboy, that was an exceptional musing considering your low posts count and obvious youth.

Assuming it wasn't an anomaly, we could use your prodigious big brain here as you see fit.
Bring it dude.:cool:

(watch, now that I've put that out, he'll reveal he's 84 years old and a professor emeritus from Carnegie Mellon):p

Yeah, what fitty said. Bring it Soonerboy! We need more like you around here!

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
12375Cat posts on a ton of Rivals freeboards. I don't know him/her or particularly care, but I've seen those giant sig pics on at least a half-dozen boards this last season.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Well it looks like another arch rival also did us a favor in knocking off West Virginia at their place.

For those teams considered "top tier" in the conference, only OU and Baylor do not have a bad loss within the conference. As I type this, K State is right there with Baylor in Waco.

Our next game at Baylor is a great opportunity to get an early leg up in the conference. Long season though...

No offense, but all teams going .500 in the league doesn't do us any favors. We need the top of the Big Twelve to win as many as they can. WVU is one of those.

Think about it 50:
12 years old?
Training wheels?
You weren't a star athlete as a young'un, were you?
:D

Actually, I was exaggerating.
I was 14.:D

In all candor, my Dad couldn't handle me having those on the bike. Too wimpy or something.

So I learned early on about balance, body in motion stays in motion, all that crap.:rolleyes:

Reactions: humblesooner
Actually, I was exaggerating.
I was 14.:D

In all candor, my Dad couldn't handle me having those on the bike. Too wimpy or something.

So I learned early on about balance, body in motion stays in motion, all that crap.:rolleyes:

Our first bikes were small red and white ones with solid axles (no coaster brakes) and training wheels.
I never learned how to ride a bicycle until we got Stingrays and just started riding.

Our first bikes were small red and white ones with solid axles (no coaster brakes) and training wheels.
I never learned how to ride a bicycle until we got Stingrays and just started riding.

Stingrays...wow!

I wanted one of those so badly.
My poor Dad couldn't hang with the 63 dollar price tag though.
That was like two weeks wages at that time. :eek:

Stingrays...wow!

I wanted one of those so badly.
My poor Dad couldn't hang with the 63 dollar price tag though.
That was like two weeks wages at that time. :eek:

I got lucky. I traded my Mattel VaRoom (POS) that I got for Christmas for a Schwinn Stingray 2 speed kickback. It had 2 speeds but still had the Bendix (SP?) brakes. No hand brakes. You could switch between the 2 gears by slightly reversing your pedal direction.

My buddy was pretty dumb but, the Stingray was in pieces and he had no idea how to put the bike back together. Plus, the sound of that bad ass varoom motor? Too much to resist.

I got lucky. I traded my Mattel VaRoom (POS) that I got for Christmas for a Schwinn Stingray 2 speed kickback. It had 2 speeds but still had the Bendix (SP?) brakes. No hand brakes. You could switch between the 2 gears by slightly reversing your pedal direction.

My buddy was pretty dumb but, the Stingray was in pieces and he had no idea how to put the bike back together. Plus, the sound of that bad ass varoom motor? Too much to resist.

So, you were too good to use a playing card and a clothes drying pin to get the "motor sound?" Just kidding. Just dating myself a little bit. ;)

Not to belabor the point, well, perhaps a little...when I was about 14 I built a 'dream bike' from scratch.
I found one of those two speed hubs you mentioned at a bike shop. Had the guy install it into a standard size wheel.
Found a English style racing frame...painted it that hot yellow color all the rage in 1964. Even had the requisite drag slick on the back.

It was pretty sweet.
I learned how to do sustained 'wheelies'. I could hold 'em as long as I wanted. Hell, I even shifted the hub while I had it up like that.

Good times!:D

Not to belabor the point, well, perhaps a little...when I was about 14 I built a 'dream bike' from scratch.
I found one of those two speed hubs you mentioned at a bike shop. Had the guy install it into a standard size wheel.
Found a English style racing frame...painted it that hot yellow color all the rage in 1964. Even had the requisite drag slick on the back.

It was pretty sweet.
I learned how to do sustained 'wheelies'. I could hold 'em as long as I wanted. Hell, I even shifted the hub while I had it up like that.

Good times!:D
That's right, I forgot about shifting gears mid wheelie. I had the original metallic blue paint job.
We use to remove the inside of the rear hubs and make buddy pegs out of the parts. Long before they sold buddy pegs.

So, you were too good to use a playing card and a clothes drying pin to get the "motor sound?" Just kidding. Just dating myself a little bit. ;)
Honestly, playing cards sounded better than the varoom motor. The varoom sounded fake. :) So I was happy to go back to the old technology.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT