ADVERTISEMENT

Young Pups

fortworth4ou2

Sooner signee
Jun 22, 2015
Just watched LR's presser and came away with some interesting and entertaining realities.

Both OUr starting Corners and a starting Safety in the TCU game are Freshmen. Calcaterra made a spectacular TD reception and is a Freshman along with Murray at MLB. CeeDee Lamb and Trey Sermon are Freshmen. All are making significant contributions this year.

Then we get to some Sophomores who are looking studly. Caleb Kelley, Devonta Lampkin, and Gallimore on Defense. Abdul Adams and, I believe, Kyler Murray on Offense.

Marquise Brown, a JUCO transfer, is in his first year with us.

We also have several 4 stars that redshirted this year. Then we have another star studded recruiting class headed to Norman.

And we have a 1st year HC.

I'm sure I've omitted some other youngsters here too.

And then, this interesting tidbit. Neither our current leading RB (Anderson) and WR (Hollywood Brown) made a noteworthy impact in the Ohio State game

Our future, much like our present, has got to leave you with warm hearts. Even King Solomon didn't possess riches like we are seeing in Norman.

Boomer baby!!!!!

Last edited:
Every time I see Riley do these pressers, I am amazed how advanced he is for his years. He is polished, politically correct, non-evasive and just plane down to earth. While Bob probably did not like this aspect of the job, Riley seems to be very comfortable with it. You would not think this is his first year as a head coach. Truly ready for the job!

Checking our depth chart, there are other young key contributors.

On offense, we have Sophomores Mykel Jones, Rodney Anderson, Bobbie Evans, and Cody Ford.

On Defense, we have Sophomores Jordan Parker (starting Corner before his season ending injury), Parnell Motley, Dillon Faamatau, Chance Sylvie, Kenneth Mann (really emerging on the DL), and Amani Bledsoe.

Gotta love how Riley is building for the future.

The one junior I would give my left nut to stay next year is Mark Andrews. 60% is just me being selfish but the rest is for Mark. From what I can find, there have been only four players with type 1 diabetes to have played in the NFL. Jay Cutter is the only one I can recall that really did well. I know how important it is to manage type 1 and am concerned how well the NFL will allow Mark to have the same care as he’s had at OU. Besides Mark is our family’s favorite player.

Sooners on the rise....even without Mayfield next year. I have confidence that Kyler Murray can step up and contribute in a big and different way than Baker.
Don't overlook QB Austin Kendall who's redshirting this year.
Tanner Mordecai is a dual threat QB coming in next February as well.
And to fortworth, read my post in the "Mike Stoops Defense" thread earlier. We seem to agree on the direction this program is headed.

And to fortworth, read my post in the "Mike Stoops Defense" thread earlier. We seem to agree on the direction this program is headed.

If Austin is the QB next year it will be the biggest surprise Kyler Murray will ever have in his entire life. Not saying it isn’t possible but....

Unless Kendall has matured and is getting massive coaching, I still see him as a backup. You don't pop off and disrespect an opponent when you are a back up and won't even sniff the field. Baker backs up his spirited antics.

Unless Kendall has matured and is getting massive coaching, I still see him as a backup. You don't pop off and disrespect an opponent when you are a back up and won't even sniff the field. Baker backs up his spirited antics.
AGREE, kc...Don't talk the talk, if you can't walk the walk...Baker wrote the book on that...Often Imitated...NEVER Duplicated

You're spot on CT. Seems I've duplicated your previous effort. Good call.

Whenever you get further insight on our recruiting, bring it home. Your effort is gold and appreciated.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT