ADVERTISEMENT

You had one job to do...

Vince Young an alleged Titan “great” fumbles Harold Landry’s announcement. This guy really is a dolt.
Young really diminishes the label of being a "student athlete" in college. Like so many male athletes, he was not in college to be a student by any stretch of the imagination.
If you want to see teams consisting of true student athletes, watch Army, Navy, Air Force or an Ivy League team.
At Army, cadets must take a minimum of 22 or 23 hours per semester, regardless of athletic status or stature. In classes usually under 20 students, the average GPA at West Point is 3.74.
I'm not condemning OU, Texas, Alabama, Ohio State or any college in terms of providing a good education. I just believe the term "student athlete" is thrown around too often when referring to most college male athletes.

At OU you'll probably find 5 or 6 guys who couldn't make it without a tutor. Things ain't as
bad as you're claiming. Vince Young was an exception, he never belonged in a college
classroom. Calling him dumb is being polite.

At OU you'll probably find 5 or 6 guys who couldn't make it without a tutor. Things ain't as
bad as you're claiming. Vince Young was an exception, he never belonged in a college
classroom. Calling him dumb is being polite.

I agree with this statement. Most superb athletes at D1 schools are relatively intelligent in my experience. As much as it's a sport of athleticism, it takes intelligence to make the athlete stand out from the crowd.

Second Chance U was an excellent piece on where great athletes with no brains go to die.

There will always be exceptions to every rule such as VY.

I agree with this statement. Most superb athletes at D1 schools are relatively intelligent in my experience. As much as it's a sport of athleticism, it takes intelligence to make the athlete stand out from the crowd.

Second Chance U was an excellent piece on where great athletes with no brains go to die.

There will always be exceptions to every rule such as VY.
and Roy Riegels, AKA known as 'Wrong Way Corrigan'...:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT